JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Jk has the first customer installed sPOD and Source and I could not be more pleased with this product. This is worth every penny. This is my third Jeep build and this product has turned the difficult decisions of were to put all the relays and switches into one easy answer, sPOD and the Source. I have photographed the install and below you can see for yourself how easy it is to install.

A quick photograph of the Source which includes 6 relays and 6 fuse locations. Simple add your positive and negative wires for any switch to work aux. lights, CB, 2M, refrigerator, etc.

The sPOD with 6 illuminated rocker switches. I chose all red but other colors are available.

The Source Install – Remove the 2 (8mm) screws from the computer mounting bracket. There is a third one below just leave it alone.

Install the Source reusing the 2 (8mm) bolts. Right side bolt shown

Run the Positive and Negative wires to the battery. New Zip ties show the route. Make connections at the battery.

Run your Spod cable out thru this rubber grommet.

Either disconnect the rear windshield washer hose and drill a larger whole for the sPOD wire or simple cut a slit.

Here is the coat hanger that I used to pull the sPOD wires thru the firewall. Notice the bend. Once thru the firewall just attach the wires to there terminals. All wires are well marked.

The final look. Here you can see the Positive and Negative wires running to the battery. Look for all the zip ties.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
sPOD and Source Write-up!!! Part II

The sPOD wire running down the A pilar. Here it is attached to the coat hanger so I can pull it thru the firewall.

You must drill out the footman's loop using a 1/4" drill bit. Careful not to enlarge the holes.

Here is the mounting bracket installed with the two supplied screws.

Once the bracket is mounted snap the plastic back in place on the passanger side. Driverside slide the wire under.

Attach the two bolts thru the switch panel into the bracket.

The Source, sPOD, a few zip ties and screws, with a well layed out set of directions.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks really good. Though I see you got the old instructions for it. :D sPOD is a nice product. John is a blast to talk to over there. For anyone installing an sPOD, this is almost a necessary step.

The nut and washer monster known as the defroster vent.

Ron

·
Registered
113 Posts
awesome

really great product and install. Maybe it could be updated with full size pics.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It's sick how much I keep drooling over this product and just can't seem to get the extra money together..
very sad.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, I hope they change this design for the 2009 because that footman's loop is kind of needed to secure the hard top.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am saving up for this right now. Some of the things I have planed will be easier with the sPOD. I have been a little nervous messing with the wiring on this Jeep.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello All. I just got around to resizing the photographs. Shutterfly downsized the photographs on me. I had to reorganize them and use Photobucket. Now they are BIG!!!

Oh and on a side note the sPOD is working wonderfully. In almost 2 years I have not even lost a fuse. This product works GREAT!!!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Nice job on the writeup, when I go with mine I will place them in the same spot. Just have to figure out what all I need so I can order it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My sPOD and Source installed without a hitch. The hardest part was getting the firewall grommet back in. Great product

I also used the adapter cable kit John has developed for use with the ARB compressor and lockers. The kit really simplifies the installation of the ARB switches and also allows the independent operation of the front and rear locker. With the ARB electrics you must lock up the rear before you can lock the front. With the sPOD kit you can lock whatever you want whenever you want. Very helpful in my case since I sometimes only engage front drive (ATLAS). I also have the battery protector and can verify it works. Sure is easy to leave the switch on at the end of a long day.

Well worth the money. I've had a lot of compliments on the clean install. Mine controls the ARB compressor, front and rear lockers, accessory driving lights, and my winch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the great pics. Seems like a simple install!! I guess I will find out next monday night. Mine was built tested and shipped today. Thanks to John for answering all my question on the weekend. Not to mention the great pictures of the Country Music Fest he threw in for free!!!! All the positive comments about his Personality and Customer Service are spot on or should I say sPOD on!! I will try and post pictures of my install next week.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Spod and it is one killer switching system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts