JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, SpiderWebShade. I submitted a request through your website over two weeks ago to ask for size specs on your full JKU shades. No response. Are you guys checking your website messaging system?

I have a two door JK with a fastback cage and was wondering if a JKU shade would fit on my cage for a unique look. If you guys are interested in selling a shade, please respond to my message ... otherwise, I'll look at other options.

JKO ... has anyone had similar experiences with SpiderWebShade?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Chris is a solid guy and super helpful. Not going to make excuses for him but 2 weeks ago was jeep beach. They were there in full force. Some times things get lost in the hustle bustle of life. If you only asked once then its kind of on you for not following up.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you only asked once then its kind of on you for not following up.
I don't doubt I could have tried harder to get in touch with them, but I do disagree that since I didn't email, call, and post to their Facebook page all at the same time that somehow them not getting back to me is "on me". When you want to get in touch with someone, do you always contact them twice (or more) before you ever hear back or get in touch with them? That seems ridiculous.

·
V8 dreams
3,568 Posts
I'd try more than once before I posted in the DL, just me though. Just call em man

Vandy

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
Have to agree with everyone who has posted....the guys at SpiderWebShade not only were at Jeep Beach but went directly on to Monster Mile 2013 event and I think are still there.

With that, I also run the SpiderWebShade on my JKU and love it!

Lots of vendors here are SpiderWebShade dealers to include Krawl Off-Road, Rebel Off-Road, Northridge4x4.com, etc so there are plenty of business options to pursue a SpiderWebShade outside of the their facebook page....just my .02. :beer:

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I know the interwebs is great an all because you don't have to interact with actual people. For me that is a huge bonus when the people = Chris Williams from Pakistan but I love talking and dealing with Americans over the phone instead of the internet.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hey bud, they are a stand-up company, and have great customer service. But you have to remember that they travel to many events.
Most shops either use a cell phone, or forward the shop phone to the cell when they're on the road. (I called American Rock Rods yesterday and got Chris on his way to Moab).
As we all know, it's much easier to talk on the phone than text/email when we're hauling trailers down the road.
Be cool brother. Give them a call. :)

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hey bud, they are a stand-up company, and have great customer service. But you have to remember that they travel to many events.
Most shops either use a cell phone, or forward the shop phone to the cell when they're on the road. (I called American Rock Rods yesterday and got Chris on his way to Moab).
As we all know, it's much easier to talk on the phone than text/email when we're hauling trailers down the road.
Be cool brother. Give them a call. :)
Or this which is much less smart ass ish than my comment.

·
Registered
470 Posts
This is a all to common problem with a Dirty Laundry section..... some companies get noticed and not in a good way. Alot of the threads I've read in this venue are complete BS. Yes some folks have a legitimate gripe while some have too much time on their hands and start threads that create negative attention usually by just someone browsing the forum and seeing a companies name and that it was in the dirty laundry section. The ones who cry out no one is contating me usually spend more time on their posting then it would have taken to pick up the god damn phone and make a f'ing call to said company!

Some people shouldnt be allowed on the web. :thankyou:

Chris and the entire crew at Spiderweb Shade are good people!

·
Registered
433 Posts
To the OP.... not sure I'm following you here. You post sounds more like a "hey... just trying to get in touch w you guys" yet you posted it in dirty laundry. Not sure that was the coolest move. Sometimes it takes a while to get in touch with some companies. Not sure how "big" a company they are, so maybe theyre stretched a lil thin but maybe you could put a little more effort in before dragging their name in DL... give em a call or two. Not bashing ya, just a suggestion. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Fuck all the proactive BS these guys are talking about- BASH SPIDERSHADE!!! Just air it all out! Put it out there that you sent a single email via there website, for info thats readily available via search or amPM to most members answer, and you wanna know: Where the fuck is your reply???

Then look for other options...the way I see it you have two: Wheeling with the top on or Melanoma.

Spidershade rocks BTW- and I am pretty sure it is hater-resistant as well.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't doubt I could have tried harder to get in touch with them, but I do disagree that since I didn't email, call, and post to their Facebook page all at the same time that somehow them not getting back to me is "on me". When you want to get in touch with someone, do you always contact them twice (or more) before you ever hear back or get in touch with them? That seems ridiculous.
+1

Some companies need to "learn to computer".

·
Registered
11,065 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Hit them up on FB... or you can PM your # and I will have Chris call you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts