JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the spiderweb shade JKini? I am thinking about scooping one up. Last time we went wheeling with the top down we got sun burned and it was February here in AZ..lol:shaking:

Thanks
-Dan

·
Administrator
8,750 Posts
It really is one of my favorite addons.. I dig it not so much for keeping it cooler and from not being blow torched by the Florida sun, but as proved again by a recent wheeling trip it keeps all the leaves, branches and bugs from falling on me when lumbering through tight trails, keeps the flinging mud off me as well... this isnt gonna be much of an issue for you in AZ..lol

Get one, you wont regret it..

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm getting ready to order one myself. Do you recommend the trailmesh or the ultramesh? We go through a lot of brush, but really need the shade at 10,000 ft elevation.
:beer:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just ordered the full size spiderwebshade. Can't wait for it to get here...
Ordered from allthingsjeep 10% off orders over $50...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I'm getting ready to order one myself. Do you recommend the trailmesh or the ultramesh? We go through a lot of brush, but really need the shade at 10,000 ft elevation.
:beer:
Both are excellent material for UV protection, the biggest difference is the trailmesh is a slightly thicker and less elastic material compared to the Ultramesh. This in turn makes the Trailmesh susceptible to wrinkles if not properly stretched and anchored. The Ultramesh on the other hand is highly elastic and therefore is more forgiving in it's anchor points and is virtually wrinkle free after installation.

Hope this helps....Either version is great and you won't be disappointed either way you go....:beer: However I don't believe the JKini is available in the Ultramesh.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo if you have no A/C :grinpimp: this will help? I am going to get one. :beer::beer: I made a funny!!!!:thefinger:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Both are excellent material for UV protection, the biggest difference is the trailmesh is a slightly thicker and less elastic material compared to the Ultramesh. This in turn makes the Trailmesh susceptible to wrinkles if not properly stretched and anchored. The Ultramesh on the other hand is highly elastic and therefore is more forgiving in it's anchor points and is virtually wrinkle free after installation.

Hope this helps....Either version is great and you won't be disappointed either way you go....:beer: However I don't believe the JKini is available in the Ultramesh.
WOW.....
I was GOING to step in and answer the question but Loki answered it EXACTLY the way I would have... probably better.... :)

Do you sell these or something? :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Agreed, finally switched over to the soft top yesterday and got the spiderweb shade on. I like it alot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts