JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picking a bumper to go on my to be ordered 2012. I've got all the other parts picked and I know I'll put bushwhacker flat flares on it but I still don't know about the rear bumper.

Kinda thinking best top at the moment but I'm not decieded and would like to see some options.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I went with the smitty XRC "stubby" Rear. To me anyhow a true "Wrap around" rear bumper with the new rounded corners of the BW flairs looked off to me. The XRC ends at the corners of the jeep and give the illusion that the angle of the flairs continues. Sort of changes the flow of bodylines and tucks the corners in a bit.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I went with the smitty XRC "stubby" Rear. To me anyhow a true "Wrap around" rear bumper with the new rounded corners of the BW flairs looked off to me. The XRC ends at the corners of the jeep and give the illusion that the angle of the flairs continues. Sort of changes the flow of bodylines and tucks the corners in a bit.

I have the same rear bumper and those flares look nice with the bumper!!

Sent via horse and buggy

·
Registered
575 Posts
quick question

did you have the factory hitch on yours when you installed the bumper?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys this is exactly the kind of thing I'm after. Keep em coming

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
ARB has a new one out. They have a lot of pics on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/arbusa?sk=photos
It has the stock flares in all the pics but you can get a good idea by looking at the site.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/1...utm_medium=compshop&utm_source=googlemerchant

It opens with the door which is nice and they say it is around 130lbs which is very competitive with other bumpers. I have not seen one in person yet but it is top on my list for my 2012. Good luck with your choice and post up when you get one. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Not to change the subject, but am I the only one who thinks the Bushwankers would look better without the ridge around the outer perimeter?

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
Not to change the subject, but am I the only one who thinks the Bushwankers would look better without the ridge around the outer perimeter?
If you want that look, then you might want Xenon's. :beer: They have a clean edge to them.

And speaking of Xenon's, I know you're asking for Bushwackers, but to give you another rear bumper/carrier option with flat fenders, here's my setup with the Poison Soyder rear BFH & the OR-Fab tire carrier. :D

Oh, and here's the Warn Rockcrawler Rear bumper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.