JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys I just wanted to say thanks to TKOB for the write up and thanks to TCOTTON for the phone support. I got my fan in tonight (Still gotta wire my kill switch) but it is in and working great. I actually think my AC is blowing colder more easily also. Maybe in my head, but before I kinda had to get on the road and drive a little to cool the Jeep down. Cools down really fast just sitting there now (Again, could just be in my head, but seems that way).

First time I have ever worked on my vehicle besides oil changes. What a great feeling to take it out, fix it and put it back in.

Way past my bed time. Gotta hit the hay!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
where the pics?!

ive installed a new stock fan motor... but interested in the spals for future muddy outings.

·
Registered
474 Posts
What'd you do? Replace or upgrade your fan? Wake up motherfucker!

I think he followed tims how-to that he posted up not too long ago, switching the stock fan for a waterproof spal one.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
judging by the title of the thread he installed a spal fan.

another thing on "the list to do"

congrats mang! :smokin:

I think he followed tims how-to that he posted up not too long ago, switching the stock fan for a waterproof spal one.
beat me too it :beer:

·
Registered
474 Posts
judging by the title of the thread he installed a spal fan.

another thing on "the list to do"

congrats mang! :smokin:

beat me too it :beer:
I've been forced to move my list to the computer . . . too long and complicated now :shaking: JKO will be the financial death of me

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I've been forced to move my list to the computer . . . too long and complicated now :shaking: JKO will be the financial death of me
LOL! mine is in an excel spreadsheet so i can cut and paste to move them around in order. changes every day i tell you. :shaking:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, sorry. I replaced the piece of crap dead in 4 runs stock fan with the Waterproof SPAL fan. After doing it once, I could do it again in about 30 minutes. Easy easy!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
LOL! mine is in an excel spreadsheet so i can cut and paste to move them around in order. changes every day i tell you. :shaking:
same here . . . my audio "workbook" has equations and all on how much I have to save up, tax, my discount, MSRP all that good crap lol . . . wow actually typing this i realize i have WAY too much time on my hands.

Yeah, sorry. I replaced the piece of crap dead in 4 runs stock fan with the Waterproof SPAL fan. After doing it once, I could do it again in about 30 minutes. Easy easy!!
How much did the entire thing run you? . . did you buy the shard separate?

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
sweet! when the time comes you can do mine!

i'll throw some :beer:'s in the equation :grinpimp:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
yo death man ur welcome but I did copy said write up form someone else, but i did add to it also, I did starts the whole spal thing thoiugh, talked with the engineers and chit, i sent u a pm

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Nice mod!! Id like to do that. The piece of crap fan in mine was replaced and runs better but still not like I think it should. Detals? Price and where from?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
tkob, i thought the spal burnt up? i guess you figured out what caused it and got it working right.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I just installed my Spal last week and it's great! Very easy swap to do.

I didn't do the foam around the fan though. It is having no problem cooling my rig without the foam in there.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I just installed my Spal last week and it's great! Very easy swap to do.

I didn't do the foam around the fan though. It is having no problem cooling my rig without the foam in there.
yeah i'm not sold on the foam either, do me favor post that in the write up thread, and let us know how it goes there without it, thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts