JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a '15 JK Sport 2Dr. Obviously, my Jeep came with the most lame speakers available, lol! Friday, while running bBround 75 on I-40 with the top off, I found I had a serious problem hearing the tunes. So, instead of ordering the Kicker replacement kit off Amazon, I went to Best Buy and bought the Kicker CSC65 speakers. Now, it's NOT a drop in plug and play replacement. Some modifications need to be made. Some folks don't want to alter ANYTHING on their vehicles. I personally don't mind it, especially if it can't be seen anyway. Watched some you-tube videos and got some ideas, and 3 hrs later the speakers are in. Honestly, for the $120 spent, I'm very satisfied. The biggest improvement I think came from adding poly-fil, aka old pillow stuffing....seriously! That's all poly-fil is....pillow stuffing! EVERYONE has an old pillow around. Cut it open and use the stuffing in the sound bar and front boxes. Makes a world of difference!! This is how I spent my Sunday, just thought I'd share. If you want to replace your lame ass stock speakers....do it! It's not hard.
Jeep On!!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
super glad that worked out for you.

i was in similar boat and swapped out the speakers for some quality polk units. Nothing... The suck was still there. Less so than before, but there was still a lot of suck.

it wasn't until I tossed a new head unit and amp at it that the new speakers really came alive.

:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice man, congrats on the upgrade. Lol I actually spent my Sunday replacing my speakers as well. Only difference was I went from the cheap paper cone speakers from my 2009 to some nice and fancy speakers from a 2014 Rubicon. Sounds a lot better than my old speaker which were blown.

While I was in there I thought about doing the poly fill but was unsure of what results it would bring to me as there are multiple opinions on what it actually does to improve sound.

I am cheaaaaaapppp when it comes to my Jeep, I'm grateful to have some great friends who pass along a lot of stuff to me or sell it really cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts