JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna get 4 Alpine SPR-17C speakers for my JK. The mounting depth is 2.32 inches. Is this shallow enough? i couldnt find anywhere what the maximum mounting depth is for the jeep roll back and dash speakers.

·
Registered
349 Posts
GOTO Crutchfield.com. You can type in your vehicle and they will tell you what speakers fit where. HTH

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes, you're fine. I run Polk MM6501's in the dash and MM651's in the soundbar, both of which are (slightly) deeper than the Alpines.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you're fine. I run Polk MM6501's in the dash and MM651's in the soundbar, both of which have are (slightly) deeper than the Alpines.
thanks man this is what i was hoping to heaR

·
Registered
285 Posts
thanks man this is what i was hoping to heaR
No problem :) BTW, I would recommend stuffing the dash pods and soundbar with polyfill. Just cut open an old non-down pillow and pack some stuffing in to the enclosures to reduce rattling and improve bass response. Lining the enclosure walls with sound deadener (Dynamat or similar) will also greatly improve your sound.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem :) BTW, I would recommend stuffing the dash pods and soundbar with polyfill. Just cut open an old non-down pillow and pack some stuffing in to the enclosures to reduce rattling and improve bass response. Lining the enclosure walls with sound deadener (Dynamat or similar) will also greatly improve your sound.
sweet. thanks for the advice. i will def do that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts