JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
I believe so too. I'll see if I can't dig them out for a photo of the box.
Personally, I stick with NGK and Denso plugs. I save the Autolite / Motorcraft, Champion, Bosch, E3 / Splitfire plugs for when I'm doing maint on my lawn mower.
Unrelated fun fact. Several Toyota models come from the factory with NGK's in one bank and Denso in the other. I always thought that was interesting.
Do you happen to know if they were the same heat range and functionally equivalent that could be cross referenced to each other. Interesting on that. Back in the day, both Mazda and Subaru would sometimes send NGK or ND plugs for the same Mazda or Subaru part number.

No need to go dig out your spark plugs. I found a 5+ year old video that I made that shows the differences. I also show how I indexed them.

Registered
Which ones do you use in your Jeep. I know a lot of OEM replacement parts are a lot of the times better than aftermarket or name brand. I am curious about your experiences with spark plugs.

Which do you use? Why?
Maybe I missed it here, but what plugs were already installed in your Jeep? My old 97 XJ and ZJ used a basic Champion plug, nothing fancy. I will have to read up on what goes in my 2015 Rubicon. Do these new Jeeps have a replaceable fuel filter? My old ones did not. It was in the tank.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Maybe I missed it here, but what plugs were already installed in your Jeep? My old 97 XJ and ZJ used a basic Champion plug, nothing fancy. I will have to read up on what goes in my 2015 Rubicon. Do these new Jeeps have a replaceable fuel filter? My old ones did not. It was in the tank.
They came with the Mopar which I am told are made by Champion and then were SUPPOSED to be replaced with Champions.

Registered
14 JK, Rubi, Red, 6spd, JCR Front and rear bumpers, JCR control arms, TFlex HD Steering and drag lin
Stock plug 40k miles.
Wood Gas Automotive tire Auto part Audio equipment

21 - 27 of 27 Posts