JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed 4 Nitto grapplers 295/r70/17 rims. Want to get some opinions in the spare tire .Can I fit a 295 on the tire carrier without any problems Live in NY . 90 % of my driving is around town 10 % is on the beach . Have the stock 255 on the carrier now and I hate the mismatch its either a cover which im not thrilled about or getting another 295 but dont want to pop any rivets in the carrier if it fits. Cant afford replacing carrier at this time (300 for carrier another 200 for tire)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It should fit on there. I had a 305 on mine originally.

There are several companies out there that make spare tire spacers that push the tire out and up slightly.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have 295/70r/17 Nitto Terra grapplers on my JK, and the spare will fit on the stock carrier but it will rub against the 3rd brake light andyou'll need to trim those tire bump stops on the tail gate, also rubs slightly on the bumper. I used a terraflex spare tire spacer ($40) which moved the tire up and out, no rubbing issues but it blocks the 3rd brake light. You could also use a wheel spacer to move the tire out, you won't need much 5/8" at most!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts