JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hahaha! That's a good point. :D

It took me four months to get my Rubi after I ordered it. I'm at 3 months on my rear bumper. It might end up taking more time than the complete manufacture of my JK. :shaking:
We took PRE ORDERS on a product which we made clear was NOT IN PRODUCTTION YET because as we were bombarded with calls and e-mails for people wanting to "get in line" to get the first ones after we told them it would be months for the initial production. When we stated we don't take pre orders the calls/e-mails continued wanting to do what ever it took to "get in line" promising they understood the prototyping and production set up would take a few months. We've learned, not giving in again.

Nick

·
Registered
173 Posts
We took PRE ORDERS on a product which we made clear was NOT IN PRODUCTTION YET because as we were bombarded with calls and e-mails for people wanting to "get in line" to get the first ones after we told them it would be months for the initial production. When we stated we don't take pre orders the calls/e-mails continued wanting to do what ever it took to "get in line" promising they understood the prototyping and production set up would take a few months. We've learned, not giving in again.

Nick
Nick,
No worries. But the website was not exactly "clear" on that.

Anyway....If we want to get into it we can talk about the front stubby bumper that I had on order for months and eventually canceled because it was not delivered when promised. I had ordered it in January and it wasn't shipped to me by the end of March. That's when I canceled it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We know of the issue and are addressing it. Hopefully your bumper worked out for you.

Nick

·
Registered
52 Posts
Which bumper? I haven't received one yet. I made by own front bumper and I'm still friggin waiting for the my rear bumper. :D
I know about your homemade bumper, that's what I was talking about.

Nick

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
Nick,
No worries. But the website was not exactly "clear" on that.

Anyway....If we want to get into it we can talk about the front stubby bumper that I had on order for months and eventually canceled because it was not delivered when promised. I had ordered it in January and it wasn't shipped to me by the end of March. That's when I canceled it.

It also took me almost 5 months to get my front stubby bumper. The sh!tty part was they kept sayin 2 more weeks. Then in two weeks I would call and they would say 2 more weeks. It went on like this from the 2.5 month part till the 5 month part when I finnally recived it. To top is all off, when I recived it it did not have the shackles I had ordered. :pissed: Not that that was a huge deal to not have those but when I called about it he said "yah, those are back ordered, we will send them when we have it in, probably 2 weeks", lol. Come on man. I can do without the shackles but they could have done the small part of throwing a note in the box or letting me know one of the times I called. OR even throwing a set aside for my 5 month old bumper order, whateva...

Sucks to, I really liked their rock sliders. I would, without a doubt, have purchased them if it was not for their long wait times and terrible customer service

·
Registered
173 Posts
It also took me almost 5 months to get my front stubby bumper. The sh!tty part was they kept sayin 2 more weeks. Then in two weeks I would call and they would say 2 more weeks. It went on like this from the 2.5 month part till the 5 month part when I finnally recived it. To top is all off, when I recived it it did not have the shackles I had ordered. :pissed: Not that that was a huge deal to not have those but when I called about it he said "yah, those are back ordered, we will send them when we have it in, probably 2 weeks", lol. Come on man. I can do without the shackles but they could have done the small part of throwing a note in the box or letting me know one of the times I called. OR even throwing a set aside for my 5 month old bumper order, whateva...

Sucks to, I really liked their rock sliders. I would, without a doubt, have purchased them if it was not for their long wait times and terrible customer service

Wow. I thought everyone was getting good service for the most part and I was the exception. I guess not.

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
Wow. I thought everyone was getting good service for the most part and I was the exception. I guess not.
No, I have heard the same thing from a few people. They do have nice stuff and I am happy with the build. I understand that they are a small shop and not equipt to handle all these orders but that is no excuse.

I will never order from them again because of how uncomfortable the ordering process was for me. Others may have a different experience

·
Registered
173 Posts
The thing that kills me about Shrockworks is that they told me the sob story about how mad they were at their laser cutting supplier for not fulfilling their commitments - and then not telling them about it.

I said - "well how the hell do you think I feel?". I ordered, was promised a date, and it repeatedly wasn't met. But not once did they call me and tell me about it. So they expect their supplier to be in complete communication with them, but as my supplier of a bumper they felt absolutely no need to tell me a thing.

G

·
I have to say Shockworks was honest with me. I’ve emailed Nick a couple of times over the last couple of months and he’s answered my questions within a day or so. Maybe they are learning from their mistakes because I asked him what earliest date I could get a rear bumper last week. He gave me an honest answer (too long of a wait for me right now), I asked him if he could do better and he couldn’t so I went elsewhere. It was a professional exchange and I thought it was decent customer service.

Had they told me two weeks and then not delivered I would have been upset but in my case they gave me a real ETA.

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
Sounds like they are learning. If that was the answer I had recived I could have made a desicion based on that and lived with whichever desicion I chose. I am a firm beliver of "under promise and over deliver". I get really frustrated and feel mislead when companies repeatidly don't dreliver on their word. Thier products are VERY nice and if you are comfortable with the wait time (if they where upfront about it) you won't be dissapointed.

That is good to hear, thanks for sharing Alec :beer:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.