JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on Behind the Rocks Thursday and another fellow in a JK with much bigger juevos than I have decided to try to go up High Dive. That obstacle is not meant for a normal "built up" 4x4. Especially in going up it instead of down. Anyhow, he ended up popping his rear Superior chromoly axle shaft (First one to do this according to Superior) and what looks like his front carrier (Rubi e-locker) as well. Ouch! This got me to thinking that a fellow can get home with a rear axle and a winch so... Any ideas of a good out of the way place and method to carry a spare axle shaft or two? I'm running a non Rubi rear with an ARB in it so I don't have to worry about different shaft lengths, but for Rubi's you'd want to carry both. I also have the rear drawer (pretty filled up) so out of the way would be very good. I'm thinking of modifying that useless aquarium Jeep offers as a "storage area" under the rear compartment.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I was on Behind the Rocks Thursday and another fellow in a JK with much bigger juevos than I have decided to try to go up High Dive. That obstacle is not meant for a normal "built up" 4x4. Especially in going up it instead of down. Anyhow, he ended up popping his rear Superior chromoly axle shaft (First one to do this according to Superior) and what looks like his front carrier (Rubi e-locker) as well. Ouch! This got me to thinking that a fellow can get home with a rear axle and a winch so... Any ideas of a good out of the way place and method to carry a spare axle shaft or two? I'm running a non Rubi rear with an ARB in it so I don't have to worry about different shaft lengths, but for Rubi's you'd want to carry both. I also have the rear drawer (pretty filled up) so out of the way would be very good. I'm thinking of modifying that useless aquarium Jeep offers as a "storage area" under the rear compartment.
only one I know of http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6932 :beer: and talk to woods about his storage tub kit. Brett is a good guy he wont do ya wrong.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, will the rear shaft(s) fit in there? Time to get the tape measure out. I was thinking of cutting the stock one off, just putting a plate in its place, figuring out a water tight container for it/them and slinging it/them under the jeep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts