JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal; right now i'm running a 2.5" BB with shock extenders and the spacers, in addition i have a 1.75" spacer in the front to make up for my bumper & winch weight. I was wheelin pretty hard with it and had no problems with this setup. However, i would "feel" safer with extended coils in the front.

Rustys has the front 3.25" coils for 110 bucks and i was thinking about putting them on and get the rear coils and all 4 shocks in about a month. So my question is: will there be any problems with aftermarket front coils and stock rear coils?
I'm on a tight budget right now, otherwise i'd get them all at once.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Here's the deal; right now i'm running a 2.5" BB with shock extenders and the spacers, in addition i have a 1.75" spacer in the front to make up for my bumper & winch weight. I was wheelin pretty hard with it and had no problems with this setup. However, i would "feel" safer with extended coils in the front.

Rustys has the front 3.25" coils for 110 bucks and i was thinking about putting them on and get the rear coils and all 4 shocks in about a month. So my question is: will there be any problems with aftermarket front coils and stock rear coils?
I'm on a tight budget right now, otherwise i'd get them all at once.
Ive been running 3" FT HD coils up front and rear stock coils with a tera 2.5 spacer for about 6-7K and it works great. I did add front adj arms and a track bar though to dial the suspension back in. The FT springs gave me 4" of lift with my winch, plate, front skids and compressor (~150LB) The HD coils made the front end feel alot more solid, with the stock coils it felt spongy and overloaded. I also ran the stock shocks w/ extenders for about 4K and a few wheeling trip with no problems.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
good front springs and rear spacers is a great combo if you have a bumper and winch up front.
I had TF BB spacers out back and PP 3" springs up front for a long time and it looked/drove/wheeled great

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
the biggest issue will be the different spring rates. The ride will not be the best it could be. I also have the TF HD coils up front and spacers w/stock coils in the rear. I was waiting to get the rear coils till I had my rear bumper and knew weight and what length of coil to go with.

Ride will just be a little mushy in the rear so handeling will be thrown off. Suspension is a system and the rear coil rates being different then the front will not be an optimized setup but, you will not have any problems ad nothing should be damaged using this setup.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the info guys! I'll go ahead and order the front coils now and the rear in a few weeks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the info guys! I'll go ahead and order the front coils now and the rear in a few weeks.
well, i ordered the ome hd coils all around...should get them friday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts