JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Southern Olympic National Forest (February 19, 2010) RESCHEDULED

Saturday February 19th

Not an off roading trip, but more of a back country exploration.

Meetup at lot across from Skokomish School District Building. 8AM Saturday Morning.

Map to Meetup area.

Route will include High Steel Bridge. Depending on conditions the goal is to head up to Lake Wynoochee via various roads to include NFD 2372. Ran this route about a year ago, great views. Maybe a few side excursions, then we will head down to the damn and get some pics by the lake.

Route back will be down to Highway 12 and home via Shelton for us Kitsap guys.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Me and a couple of guys from Northwest Overland just attempted this trek on Jan 1st. It's an awesome little journey and at the time the snow level was pretty low(1000') We got stopped at spider lake due to a steep snowy hill climb. We tried a detour and spent the next 4 hours winching ourselves back out. All in all a great trip! I have to work that weekend otherwise I'd love to try it again. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping that the warmer weather melted off some of the snow. Right now it looks like no one else is going (so it'll just be myself and my sons.)

I am definitely more conservative when it's a one vehicle trip. Hopefully we make it up and over, if not, we'll shoot for a lower elevation route.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far on four different forums I have no interest. Next weekend will work for me. I have a four day, so Sat, Sun, or Mon would work.

Saturday/Sunday is probably the best bet. Weather looks like it might be good at least up until Saturday according to the 10 day.

If anyone is serious about going next weekend, let me know via Private Mesage.

I understand this might not be the true off roading trip that a lot of you are looking for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd love to go but I'm suck in Georiga till the end of the month :bawling:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like I picked a busy weekend and the trip was a bit short notice as I am getting ready to go underway again (Navy) and don't have many more weekends left.

Since it appears like it's just going to be me and the boys I am going to shift until Sunday morning. I spent too much time tonight putting the new winch on the Jeep that I didn't get time to pack up the rest of the stuff I wanted to. I could rush around and do it in the morning or just wait a day. So if anyone is still interested Sunday at 8AM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts