·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeeptoberfest was great last year! i'm not 100% sure but I believe the courses in this event will be different than the courses in Jeeptoberfest 2014.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I'm in the Ocala Jeep Club and I can guaran damn tee you the courses are different... About the only thing left alone... So far, Is the extreme course

Trust me, I was there last weekend

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in the Ocala Jeep Club and I can guaran damn tee you the courses are different... About the only thing left alone... So far, Is the extreme course

Trust me, I was there last weekend
i saw on facebook where the courses were going to be changed, just wasn't for sure if it was going to be done before this event. I enjoyed the courses at the last Jeeptoberfest. lots of fun and i'm looking forward to it this year.

·
Registered
768 Posts
This looks like a good time, and I'm especially excited to see its open to all brands of rigs. Not enough events around Florida like that... I'm in for sure!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
A bunch of broken concrete has been removed and 4 truckloads arrived last weekend.... Backhoe, trackhoe and construction forklift are going pretty much all weekend long until event.

Bunny course is now a bit longer at 1.6 miles.... We're looking for the extra 3000 feet to make it 2 miles, Don't think it'll happen but who knows?

Anything else is classified.... I can tell you but then I have to kill you :thefinger:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I was looking for info such as date, directions, phone #, website, ETC... Anybody privied to that info? And for you old timer JK'ers... Just like a case of the herpes, I'm back again.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all of that info is on the flyer.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SOAR came and went and this is my closing thoughts.

keep in mind that I was only able to go on Sunday. I will compare it to Jeeptoberfest in which I participated in last year. just like this year at SOAR, I only attended Sunday at Jeeptoberfest.

IMO Jeeptoberfest was a heck of a lot better. my biggest complaint with SOAR was the with the vendors. they advertised 400 vendors and I just couldn't see that. when I got there Sunday there was only about 6 vendors. I find it hard to believe that 394 vendors packed up and left after the first day of a 2 day event. this was a big let down for me. I mainly went to check out the vendors. when I went to Jeeptoberfest last year on the Sunday, the vendors were everywhere. it actually took me a couple hours to visit each vendor and check out their stuff.

the three courses at SOAR were basically the same as at Jeeptoberfest. I did notice a few things here and there that changed but for the most part it was the same thing. the stock trail at SOAR was definitely a lot easier than the stock trail at Jeeptoberfest. I ran the entire stock trail at SOAR in 2wd which I didn't do at Jeeptoberfest. I can't compare the modified trail between the two because I did not run the modified trail at Jeeptoberfest. I did run the modified trail at SOAR and while I did have fun, my Jeep completed every obstacle fairly easy. my only complaint with the modified trail was all of the tight turns. it made driving it in a 4dr quite a chore. it is understandable though given the limited space there is to work with.

overall I don't believe I will go to SOAR next year. I think I will skip it and just schedule a ride somewhere with other Jeepers. I will be going to Jeeptoberfest again this year.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I didn't go last year but I was there this year Saturday and Sunday. I agree there were not many vendors we saw them all in like 10 minutes but I didn't go to see the vendors so I wasn't disappointed at all. I had a great time and will go back next year!

One thing to note is the modified course was easier on Sunday. The rock gardens got shifted and flattened after all the wheeling saturday, Sunday was much easier.

The extreme course looked like it took a lot of work to build and I only saw 5 rigs run it over both days. In my opinion they could have made part of that the modified course where the majority of people would get use out of it.

Camping was good except like 8 trains came through during the night. Being awakend by freight trains every 45 minutes was very annoying, lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did you go to Jeeptoberfest last year? maybe I just had to high of hopes for SOAR because I kept comparing it to Jeeptoberfest. Jeeptoberfest was MUCH larger and had a way better turn out. I guess I was expecting more since this was an all manufacture 4x4 event and not just Jeeps.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They ended up putting a hard bottom on most of the water just to keep vehicles moving... In that respect the bunny course may have been a bit easier.

I will pass along the comments to the powers that be..... My sorry ass was stationed at the 1st pit in the bunny course so I didn't get to see any of the main action :flipoff:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They ended up putting a hard bottom on most of the water just to keep vehicles moving... In that respect the bunny course may have been a bit easier.

I will pass along the comments to the powers that be..... My sorry ass was stationed at the 1st pit in the bunny course so I didn't get to see any of the main action :flipoff:
the courses weren't "bad". I understand that you can only do what you can with the limited space that you have to work with. if I could change only 1 thing with the courses it would probably be to do away with the extreme course to have more room for the stock and modified courses. I say this because 99% of the course participants only used these 2 courses. I know you try to have something for everyone but when your dealing with such little room, you have to sacrifice somewhere. like I said, the biggest let down for me was the vendor issue.

on another note, ya'll did one hell of a job at Jeeptoberfest!

·
Registered
207 Posts
This was hosted by The Market of Marion, not the Ocala Jeep Club. Though I'm sure they worked with them on this. That might be why there was so few vendors. And this is only their 2nd year at doing this ( from what I was told ) so not a lot of people knew about it.
But to me it was a mini Jeeptoberfest. But no long lines to go on the courses.
And besides the weather was great that weekend.
The 400 vendors,, they were talking about the flee market.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
No wonder you did the STOCK course in 2wd, you have Rubicon lifted 3.5" sitting on 37" tires. Hence the words "Stock course"
i also had my 9 year old son with me who wanted to ride the courses. he was only allowed to ride on the stock course because of his age. there were also STOCK Jeeps out there with nothing more than 33" tires running the course in 2wd. yes it was a little tougher for them to do it than me but the point is that course was not difficult at all with any Jeep.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This was hosted by The Market of Marion, not the Ocala Jeep Club. Though I'm sure they worked with them on this. That might be why there was so few vendors. And this is only their 2nd year at doing this ( from what I was told ) so not a lot of people knew about it.
But to me it was a mini Jeeptoberfest. But no long lines to go on the courses.
And besides the weather was great that weekend.
The 400 vendors,, they were talking about the flee market.
I think there were only couple hundred vehicles who registered for the courses at SOAR where there were a couple thousand who registered for Jeeptoberfest last year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts