JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid April I’ll be driving my Jeep from the Houston area to Ft. Benning (Columbus) Ga.

On the way back, I’ll have 1/2 a day or so to kill.

This is the route I’ll be taking but could alter it a bit as long as it keeps me headed in the general direction of home.

I’ll be solo so not looking for anything “hard core” but I’d love to take the opportunity to run a trail or two.

Anybody aware of a good ORV trail/park along my route?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you went with the optional route, I think you’d be passing near Stoney Lonesome in Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

Seems Stony Lonesome, Beasley Knob are a little too far north for the time frame I’ll have.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And it turns out that I’ll be taking the alternate route (grey line) on this map.

Livingston Tx to Ft. Benning (Columbus Ga.)

Thanks

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That grey line take you anywhere near Hot Springs, Arkansas? There is a pretty cool OHV park there.

Hot springs is on my “list” but it’s far enough out of my way on this trip that I’ll have to pass it up.

I could probably leave a day early and hit a few trails there but my reason for the trip is too important to risk a break down that would hold me up.
Trip home would be a better option, and Hot springs is just too far out of my way.
Thanks for the suggestion.

:{)

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
What about Choccolocco Mountain in Jacksonville, AL? It's a slight bit closer to Columbus than Stony Lonesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts