JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jeep has started its transformation and Im looking for South Florida (Broward/Dade)county dealerships that are MOD friendly.

Some of you might say take it in and find out. My first oil change is due, and Id like to find out before the service manager adds me to the Voided Warranty list or whatever they have. Dont want other dealers tracking my VIN

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im aware of that. However if I have a tranny problem etc, having a lift , tires etc as I add to the jeep. Its kind of hard to take it bake to the dealer thats been doing "oil changes" and say Ive never had 35 inch tires or non spec wheels on it, when they have seen it on numerous other service trips. Ive seen it happen on my friends truck just for rims and tires.

Hope thats more clear.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Same here as mrsig said.
from 2001 I have brought all my jeeps there ( 2001 XJ, 2006 LJ Rubi and 2011 JKUR ) all lifted never had a problem with warranty work when needed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have used Massey Yardley in Broward and never had an issue with warranty work on my 2010 lifted Jeep with oversized tires. They've actually mentioned how much they like the fact that my Jeep gets used as it's meant to when they look at my banged up skids. On my 2014 I've mostly gone to Arrigo but it's still stock.

FWIW, I do my own oil changes since I prefer to use full synthetic oil. It's an easy 30 min job and I can use better oil for way cheaper than at the dealer. The Pentastar Jeeps are even easier to DIY since the filter is a cartridge accessible from the top of the engine. I also do my own diff fluid changes for the same reason. Once I get an oil pan skid plate I will be installing a Fumoto valve to simplify the task even more. At that time I won't even need to worry about spills at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As Mr.Sig and Jkrbitm said, looks like ill give Hollywood a try.

@ Holycrap. Thanks. Could be an alternative.

FYI.... I would change my oil. Its very easy, but I havent even had my first change yet. Ill be taking advantage of the free service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts