JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My neighbor just offered me a sealed South African 5.56 300rd battle pack for $200, anyone have any experience with this ammo or should I jump on it regardless?

He also has 50rd boxes of 9mm Norinco for $20 but I have never heard of it.

· Registered
205 Posts
That appears to be about what the going rate at gun broker is. I did some reading and it seems to be decent ammo, packed pretty well. I know at my local gun stores in the PNW they are asking a dollar per round!

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That appears to be about what the going rate at gun broker is. I did some reading and it seems to be decent ammo, packed pretty well. I know at my local gun stores in the PNW they are asking a dollar per round!
Yea it's really hard for me to accept these prices but I don't think they are changing anytime soon. Looks like the days of burning through 500rds in a day are over for me.

· Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's Y U need to reload!!!! U can still have a 500Rd day at the range. U just have to work for it .
I have a Lee progressive press sitting in the garage collecting dust, I can't find any reloading supply's to learn how to use the damn thing. Plus I still gotta pick up a loading for dummies book.

· Premium Member
1,630 Posts
The south african stuff is cleaner that most of the new manufacture russian stuff.

These prices are insane but if you hunt around, you can still find decent deals. i picked up 1000rnds 9mm 124gr gold dots for $464 shipped. Some a-holes are getting $640 + shipping on 9mm hardball.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.