JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place. I have a question I hope someone can answer for me. I have a 2103 JK and decided to replace the sound bar light with led bulbs and now the light doesn't work any more. I tried putting the old bulbs back in and it still doesn't work. I even bought a new light and installed it and now it doesn't work, so I really don't know what else to do. I even checked the fuses and they all appear to be ok. All of the other interior lights work.

Is there something here that I'm missing? Is there another fuse box or location? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I have done that but I will definitely try again. Thx

·
Registered
128 Posts
The bracket that holds the bulbs can bend easy and you can lose connection between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked and the brackets and they look fine. I just bought a brand new light and installed and it doesn't work. A simple plug and play unit. Could there be a fuse that might of blown? What stumps me is that the other lights work: foot well, vanity and back dome light. They worked before I took out existing bulb and replaced with led. I just don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have checked and the brackets and they look fine. I just bought a brand new light and installed and it doesn't work. A simple plug and play unit. Could there be a fuse that might of blown? What stumps me is that the other lights work: foot well, vanity and back dome light. They worked before I took out existing bulb and replaced with led. I just don't know what else to do.

Shite. I'm not sure if they're on the same fuse. Couldn't hurt to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The dome and cargo lights share the same 12 volt driver in the cluster.
If the cargo light comes on when you open a door, the cluster is sending out 12 volts as it should.

Open the door and check for power at the dome light socket. If it has 12 volts to it, check the other contact for ground.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
LEDs are directional, if it's installed backwards it won't work. Try reversing the polarity.

Reactions: aqualungs
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the suggestions, but unfortunately nothing has helped. Maybe its time to take it to the dealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts