JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a 2010 wrangler unlimited sport (stock sound system) VERY WEAK no music honestly sounds good coming from these speakers. does anybody have kicker or other upgraded speakers how do they sound?

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I've known a few that just replaced the soundbar speakers with some Kickers, and that was good for them. I did the same thing and it helped, but still wasn't what I wanted (I'm old and deaf). I had the basic non-Infinity stereo (7 watts RMS), so I replaced that along with all the speakers with Polk db651's. Much needed improvement.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things from the kicker replacements.
But you can replace them with any 6.5" speaker of your choice, i believe the stock system runs 2ohm.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things from the kicker replacements.
But you can replace them with any 6.5" speaker of your choice, i believe the stock system runs 2ohm.
I have the entire kicker system with the sub and its phenomenal. Bass is strong and not super punchy but just gives you the "bump" in your music, I also go the upgraded tweeters from quadratec and it sounds way better than stock.

FYI i have an entire infinity system for sale if your interested

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I have heard people who upgraded from the Infinity system to the Kickers say that it is a huge improvement. If I were upgrading, I would go with the Kickers and if you do a search there is at least one other thread on this subject... :shocked:. The thread even goes into detail about cheap places to buy the factory upgrade so it is a plug n play install.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I feel your pain. I just traded a truck with an awesome sound system and couldn't believe the JK cracker box set up.

My new JVC speakers and amp just came in and I can't wait to get them installed.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I replaced all the factory sound system to all Alpine... love it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts