JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOUND CLIPS (Glass pack and STRAIGHT PIPED)

Here was my first exhaust set up, it was a glass pack with the tube pointing straight at the ground. Didnt sound bad, but didnt have enough attitude:

http://i161.photobucket.com/player....tobucket.com/albums/t201/av9inch/MVI_1553.flv

So out came the hack saw, straight piped. FINALLY I found the sound I was looking for. Its such a smooth sound! IMO, the only way to go:

http://i161.photobucket.com/player....tobucket.com/albums/t201/av9inch/MVI_1588.flv

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill grab a pic tonight. Some people say that they need back pressure, which they dont. Or that they lose MPG's, but thats only because your rpms are higher because you like hearing the rumble.

It gains hp and sounds wicked. There are no ill-effects to your jeep.

I mean really, cut it off and if you dont like it, take it to a shop and spend $10 for 1 weld and its back on. Cheap but awesome mod.

·
Registered
780 Posts
took my AFE system off today and put the stock back on. Started it up without the muffler on first though, and I gotta admit, it did sound pretty bad ass. I was surprised how deep it sounded. It was a little to loud for me though, and I didn't like the popping out the exhaust when I lifted off the throttle.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took my AFE system off today and put the stock back on. Started it up without the muffler on first though, and I gotta admit, it did sound pretty bad ass. I was surprised how deep it sounded. It was a little to loud for me though, and I didn't like the popping out the exhaust when I lifted off the throttle.
I think it sounds sick, I was rippin downtown today, it was ecoing off all the buildings.... pretty sick.

Then I got a $230 ticket for forgetting to register my jeep last month... :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Then I got a $230 ticket for forgetting to register my jeep last month...
"DOH!" :homersimpson:

That sucks, but it was kinda funny to visualize. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
modified Gibson Dual exhaust

i had a factory gibson dual exhaust and couldnt understand why thay had the tips coming straight out the back so when you were wheelin the tips would kiss the dirt every 10 seconds. well i found a way around that little problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i cut the tubes off from the muffler and tiped them so i could get the most clearence from it. and to keep the water out of the muffler. then i welded it all back together, sand blasted it and painted it with blue ceramic paint so it wouldnt rust anywhere. now it looks and sounds sick.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
sounds good to me...and SDMF is right, you don't have to cut anything to remove the muffler...just loosen the clamp above the axle.

and here's mine....Flowmaster 40 series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxu7QD6GlCA&feature=channel_page
thanx man,you answered a question for me.I've run flowmaster 40's(catback duals)on two f150's (03,05)and loved the way they sound.Then a si/so flowmaster 40 on my 07 colorado 4 banger,sounded good too.But I was wondering how a v-6 would sound.Now I know the first thing I'm doing to my new 08,I love the sound.
-lohchief

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.