JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as everyone here is probably aware, my JK's speakers suck with the top down and doors off on the highway. Was considering replacing my speakers in my soundbar. This got me thinking.

Is there anyone who offers a soundbar that will just completely replace the stock soundbar. I am not too much of a fan of mounting additional speakers, but I would be very interested in purchasing a new soundbar.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
There are replacements out there, but your best bet is to replace the speakers in the bar with something better and get some amplification.

most of the replacement bars use speakers that aren't much better than stock and require more power than the stock radio puts out to really see improvement.

·
Registered
142 Posts
yep i replaced all 4 of my speakers with mb quarts. I was running them with the non infinity mygig setup. I recently went after market and damn the quarts came to life. you might wanna switch to aftermarket head unit and speakers.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Yup, stock stereo is weak. Stock speakers suck.

I threw some T3's all around in mine and it helped (base OEM head unit) but not enough. One of these days I'll get around to replacing the head unit.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I just ordered a clean sweep from jl audio... Trying to find a good price on the pdx5 now. I like the stock head unit and want to see if the cleansweep will help any.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
cleansweep should help to get full range signal to whatever you run in the sound bar.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
cleansweep should help to get full range signal to whatever you run in the sound bar.
do you think i can install it prior to getting the amp?

i have the cheapest stock system you could get with no sub and no amp.

·
Registered
691 Posts
In my '07 Sahara I replaced my with Infinity's 6022si's and I was very pleased with them but today I just ordered a set of Polk Audio db 651s' for my 2011 JK so I'll let you know if they work as good as the Infinity's did. They did get a little bit of a higher rating so we'll see. For $99 you can't go wrong.

Ben

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
whoop $285.70 shipped for a used pdx5 on teh ebay!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Update... I installed my Polk Audio's yesterday in my sound bar and WOW, they really sound great. I will be installing the dash speakers next. Stay tuned.

Ben

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Update... I installed my Polk Audio's yesterday in my sound bar and WOW, they really sound great. I will be installing the dash speakers next. Stay tuned.

Ben
did you put any filler in the sound bar? any rattles?

·
Registered
691 Posts
did you put any filler in the sound bar? any rattles?

Mike,
The Polk's from came with neoprene gaskets for the speakers that get installed in between the adapters for the soundbar and so far I've got no rattles at all. They REALLY sound good. I had Infinity's in my last JK which also sounded great. I don't think you could go wrong with the Polk's, Infinity's or the Kickers. ANYTHING is better than stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts