JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cashed in a Best Buy gift card on two 6.5" Pioneer speakers and connector adapters so it'd be plug and play. Of course though the speaker's outer ring with the three bolt holes do not protrude far enough out to actually secure to the OEM mounting points.

So - do I need to fab up a bracket or is there a simpler fix?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am not sure if this is the same situation you are in but...I am replacing my dash speakers with 6.5" Infinity speakers that I got from Santa. I just drilled new holes in the enclosure and used different screws. My aftermarket speakers have four screw holes instead of three and the ring is not as wide as the stock speaker.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crutchfield sells only two models of Pioneer 6.5 inch speakers that fit the JK Dash. Crutchfield says they require an adapter bracket and some minor filing on the JK enclosure.
Thanks - I should have known Chrysler wouldn't make this easy. It's like visiting a dealership.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I went with the Infinity's from Crutchfield's and I believe that I just drilled the four new holes and the new speakers covered the old factory holes in the sound bar. And believe me, the new Infinity's sound MUCH better than the factory ones. The overall stereo with just the new soundbar speakers installed sounds so much better, I am not going to replace the dash ones.

Sorry for such a large pic...

Ben

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ben, which Inifinty speakers were those? I checked crutchfield and found 3 styles but none currently available match what your speaker looks like.

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Get them off an ebay dealer. No you wont get screwed on ebay and all the speakers i have ever bought off ebay have worked flawlessly for me:beer:
What about those nifty plug and play adapters that Crutchfield 'throws' in? Where can I get some of those bad boys?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Best Buy. Both sides for $11 w/ tax.
Ya what this guy said.....just get the speakers for half price on ebay and then get the connectors from best buy.

I made my own and they are suhhhweeetttt!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Awesome! Thank you.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I went with these Infinity speakers:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086032SI/Infinity-Reference-6032si.html?search=1086032si&ssi=0

I installed them in the dash first because I got some lights and a Tuffy glove box and figured that I needed to take half the dash apart anyway. These came with the harness adapter and the brackets but I did not use the brackets (did not see them). I am glad that I didn't since I needed the extra room on the driver enclosure (the bracket would add thickness between the speaker and enclosure.

Another tip. Go to Best Buy and purchase a Dynamat Wedge kit ($38) and line the enclosure with it. I have enough left over to also do the sound bar I think.

·
Registered
691 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts