JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im about to put some grab handles in the JK. going to get the Rugged Ridge from eBay.

Anyways, these are available as front/rear
http://www.ebay.com/itm/40028056480...06&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

But for the front they are installed up near the windshield. :cwm13:
http://www.omix-ada.com/instructions/13305.13.pdf

I just dont see the practicality of them mounted there. Can anyone provide pics and/or input of them mounted up towards the front?

Also noticed I can use them to mount one in-between the front seats on sound bar. That works for me but not passenger. Plus Id like one on roll bar to help with entry. LOL

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Front: I like my Mastercraft handles. I have owned the current set since 07 and expect them to last 10 more years easy. I also have a sportcage and my wife and I use these bars to get in and out most of the time now. The rear I bought Kayak handles very inexpensive and work great for the rear if you own a 4 door. I haven't seen the 12 interior so I don't know if this would work for the newest models.
I will go take a pic of the rear. I heat up a nail to melt a hole through the web on the rear to keep it from fraying.
rear handles link: http://www.clcboats.com/shop/products/boat-gear/kayak-gear-accessories/jeep-kayak-handle.html

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got turned off on the Mastercraft when I found Rustys selling them and they charge $18 shipping. Thats why I cant buy from them as the shipping is insane.

anyone else sell them? What makes them superior in your opinions?

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
I have had the safari straps 6-pc set for a couple years now. Top quality and similar to the mastercraft pictured.

I'm out of town or I'd grab a pic. Check with Alec at EAD, he sells ss.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I've had the same set of MasterCraft ones for 4 years in my JK and they still look new. Super good velcro that really keeps them in place.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I got turned off on the Mastercraft when I found Rustys selling them and they charge $18 shipping. Thats why I cant buy from them as the shipping is insane.

anyone else sell them? What makes them superior in your opinions?
I too will never deal with Rusty's again. They overcharge for shipping and their customer service sucks. Spoke with Rusty himself and he was rude and basdically had an I don't care about your pissy little order attitude.

I did buy the Mastercraft grab handles though from another shop, Four To Go in Colorado. They gave me the same sale price as Rusty's but way better service. Reasonable shipping and if you order early enough in the day, it will go out the same day. If not, it will be sent the next.

Here is their website h t t p://www.fourtogo.com/

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Just future reference, I can do the four piece JK kit for $65 delivered.
Marcus
Holy shit, that's a great price. I paid that 4 years ago for 2!!

RCO rocks:beer:

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I've got these up front and, without question, they are by far better than any dangling front grab handle. They are super strong, out of the way and look great. They are my recommendation.
Yes! My wife still has her mastercradt but the poly grab handles are the most used! The more the extreme angle of the jeep is the the more you will like them. Also going up or down steep grades they make a good grab handle. This is one of my best mods!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they Synergy ones would not be worth it imo. as my eventual plans are for a bolt in cage which would incorporate a handle of that sort.

Ill look into the SS ones too.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the master craft ones, and they look like new, particularly because i've never used them. I think the best location is up front by the sun visor. The midpoint design is way too far behind me when i get in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.