JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem - If I leave my jeep for 3 days my battery will be dead.

Battery has been replaced and checked - Good
Alternator have been pulled and checked, and checked when the is jeep running - Good.
I disconnected all my after market gear and battery still drains

At this point I using the fusebox photo and fuse list from the tread above and I'm pulling a few fuses at a time to try and find what circuit is causing the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
If your still under warranty take it to the dealer. Google how to do a draw test on your electrical system.

Pissing off my wife since way back

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the relays in the fuse box, I take it they also protected with a fuse as well, correct.

I mean if I pull all the fuses it should kill all the relays in the fuse box correct?

·
Registered
829 Posts
What are all the after-market products you have installed that require power?

I had the same problem, which I found odd since everything I've added ran through my sPod with the low voltage cut off. Turns out it was my Aeroforce Gauges that were doing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here is where I stand.

I have a old Fluke Meter that when I connect it to the circuit it will not read current . . . ..

I also have one of the free meters from Harbor Freight. When I connect it between neg battery terminal and neg lad I get a reading of .150 amps. This is after about 90 sec when the current was much higher.

Ok I pulled all the fuses one at a time and at no point did not I see a change in the current draw.

I pulled each of the small flat type fuses and all the square type fuses.

When I pulled J13 ( Ignition Off Draw (IOD) ) the current draw did not drop/change but when I plugged it back in the current draw jumped to about 3 amp and then dropped off after about 90 sec

I even pulled the large CB1 and it had no effect on the current flow either.

ANY IDEALS FOR NEXT STEP?

I did not pull the relays in the fuse box.

Are there any other fuses?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Disconnect the lead to the alternator. See if the draw drops.

The J13 behavior is normal. The computers wake up when you plug it back in, then go to sleep again, apparently after 90 seconds as you observed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts