JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out of OfficeMax to find a Project-JK card stuck on my windshield. Made for a good laugh.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
are people so naive that they will actually BUY "project-jk" cards, then walk around giving them out to people, without getting paid to advertise? a bunch of dumbasses making that loser WOL money.

same thing with all the frickin' project-jk decals people are putting on their jeeps. why would people want to BUY a sticker, that is purely an advertisement, to make that jackass money?

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
my buddy on here made this sticker, i currently have it on my Jeep, when people ask I tell them it is a great sight go join.

JK STICKER Idea_web.jpg

As far as that other sight goes, i think we all have been banned and we know he sucks, i think we all need to work together to make it the Pirate 4x4 of JK's, perhaps not quite as blunt or forward as that sight:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

We all need to get involved with the Land Use issues and spread the word, eventually he will have nothing left. How about this, lets try to set a new all time record with the most users online at once for this sight? Let's show asshat we can knock his peepee in the dirt. We are already taking all his members!!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
It's nothing short of amazing how some on this forum went way out of their way to bully anyone here who posted more then once how bad waste of life's forum and his gang of 'tards are...now, the same bullies are talking trash about that $hithole forum....one word says it all about some of you....labile...or should it be hypocrite:shaking:

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
here's the funny thing... his sight is getting more exposure than this one.

If we had JKowener business cards, i'd pass them out.

·
Registered
774 Posts
We are already taking all his members!!
not really. Look how fast his forum is growing and then look how fast this one is. He has almost 10 times the membership. His forum is not going away. If you google jk forum, guess which site shows up the most??? This site doesn't even show up on the first page. In fact I went through 4 pages before i saw one thing about JK-owners. Even though he is an ass, he has marketed his site very well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
He's running a business, and a successful one, and he is free to run it the way he wishes. I personally have no issues over there, but I am also happy to discuss JK's with Jeepers here. Cool the hate man :)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
He's running a business, and a successful one, and he is free to run it the way he wishes. I personally have no issues over there, but I am also happy to discuss JK's with Jeepers here. Cool the hate man :)
It's a touchy subject over here, as about half of our members have been banned from there. I haven't, but I don't spend much time over there anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seems like they are a little too liberal with the ban stick sometimes... I'd be pissed too if I was banned

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Seems like they are a little too liberal with the ban stick sometimes... I'd be pissed too if I was banned
More often than not, the person didn't deserve it in any way. I've only seen one person banned from here and they had to try really hard.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
actually if you read a lot of the posts about that site here, most of the issue with that site is not being pissy cuz we were banned, but the fact that he censors the site so much.
you can't mention some major brands or vendors.
if you run a forum that is supposed to be for sharing information, then censoring information that isn't profane or offensive isn't right.
My ban was because someone did the exact same lift as I did - TF BB kit, and then added a winch and bumper same as I did, then had a sag problem, same as I did- then I posted an answer to his question as to how I fixed it, which was a set of poly springs and I immediately got reprimanded.
That kinda ticked me off, and when someone else asked a question about why other brands weren't talked about on there, I said because they weren't allowed to be mentioned and made public the fact that they censor posts and read/delete/censor PMs then I got the big B.
Eh oh well, nothing I said was other than purely factual, not any sort of attack or editorialism.
Then EDDIE himself came on there, made numerous personal attacks on me, called me a parasite and several other things then banned me.
HE's the one that made it personal.
THAT crap is why there's animosity toward that site on here.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
My personal opinion: I'm not putting any stickers on my Jeep unless someone is sponsoring me. End of story.

Lastly, let it go already. So, you got banned. So, you got censored. Big ****ing deal. You're here now. You got a Jeep. Live the life.

·
Registered
441 Posts
And we're free to not like the way to does business and to voice our displeasure over how he runs his business. What goes around comes around as they say.

Quite a few people here have varying interesting stories about their bans (there is a thread dedicated to it). There is only one side of the story there, but there is enough circumstantial evidence to indicate that the moderators there are out of control. Basically, I can sum up the problem as follows:

JK-Forum wants users of its system. It does not want members of a community with differing views or opinions that will question the status quo.​

At the end of the day most people understand it's his system. But, most people have an expectation of it being a community with leaders that are willing to listen.

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
not really. Look how fast his forum is growing and then look how fast this one is. He has almost 10 times the membership. His forum is not going away. If you google jk forum, guess which site shows up the most??? This site doesn't even show up on the first page. In fact I went through 4 pages before i saw one thing about JK-owners. Even though he is an ass, he has marketed his site very well.
I would go look but i am IP band

:D:D:D:D:beer:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts