6,371 Posts
looks like you guys are having a blast!
wish I could be there instead of workin :bawling:
we're gonna try to make it out there for the end of the month gig

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We really do need a bigger group of JK's to get out there. It is such a fun place! It was great to run w/ Phil and Duke even though I wasn't able to stay the whole wknd. There was a group of about 20 FJ's that really needed to be shown how the JK stacks up to them. After doing a few obstacles (taking a couple hours to complete) we saw them sitting in the same spot. They either didn't know where they could safely take the IFS rigs (and not risk damage) or were just too scared to move...lol. FWIW- I could not have run some of the obstacles without Phils incredible spotting skills to be fair. But I was suprised that with a total of 113 various rigs, that there weren't more JK's.

G

·
Great pics Phil as always. KRocks looks like a fun place, one day I may actually make it further than the pan handle :bawling:

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great pictures. Looks fun. Are there trails or do you just go wherever?
There are trails, however it is easy to quickly find yourself in over your head. A good example is... after I had followed Phil through a rocky passage to get to an area where the more hardcore guys like to play. We played around there for a while (mostly Phil and Duke were doing the really tough stuff...). When it was time to leave the area, I failed to keep an eye on the lines they took. I wound up high centering once and falling into a crack, requiring assistance to get out. :shaking:

For the entire time, Phil and Duke continued to have a knack for making the tough stuff look easy. I was fortunate to run with them. I am used to wheeling with friends that have no problem watching a rig go over and then laugh and say "wow...never thought that would happen".

Phil- Next time I will leave the pink shirt at home...Then I will be willing to take on anything! :D

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the pics! Looks like some great traction.
One time at Katemcy, I had grabbed some granite pieces to put under the rear wheels of someones rig to help him get over an obstacle. Few minutes later I noticed blood running down my arm from my hand. Never even realized that I had sliced my hand right open on one of the rocks. The traction on the granite is sick!

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea. I wouldn't even attempt most of it when wet. The carnage that comes off of the trails at nightfall is crazy. When you look at the ground around some of the obstacles, it's interesting to see all the bits of shredded tire lugs, u-joint peices, and metal shavings. On Saturday afternoon, a big busted woman actually came up to Phil holding a totally bent draglink and asked him if he could help her...She was desperate!

·
Registered
336 Posts
We really do need a bigger group of JK's to get out there. It is such a fun place! It was great to run w/ Phil and Duke even though I wasn't able to stay the whole wknd. There was a group of about 20 FJ's that really needed to be shown how the JK stacks up to them. After doing a few obstacles (taking a couple hours to complete) we saw them sitting in the same spot. They either didn't know where they could safely take the IFS rigs (and not risk damage) or were just too scared to move...lol. FWIW- I could not have run some of the obstacles without Phils incredible spotting skills to be fair. But I was suprised that with a total of 113 various rigs, that there weren't more JK's.
Hey man, I might be moving to Austin soon... (hopefully!) I will definitely try to join in whenever time allows. Looks like y'all had a blast!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.