JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey Jeepers!

Thanks to you JKO I've came a long way in a year with the introduction to Black Boxes. NOW I've add two other components **In Cab winch controls** and **Winch Fuse Kits** Be sure to watch the videos!!
Also to my other threads:
More Info: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57686
Installs thread (with Before and After): http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59946

The Black Box: Starting at $215 for 2007-2011 Models and $235 for 2012 models
  • Turn on with the ignition or without or BOTH
  • EXPANDABLE! up to 10 total items!!! ( this little box could power 10 sets of lights if you wanted it to, but it's not just for lights. Heated seats, air compressors, lights, winch kill switches, CB Radios, GPS. ANYTHING that needs a electrical hook up.
  • Compact size 3.5 x 4.5 inches)
  • Handles up to 80 amps ( competition is only 50) this allows you to run more accessories on all at once.
  • Easy color coordinated wiring

Over View
JK Owners over view of Black Box - YouTube

2007-2010 Install video
Black Box Jk Wrangler Install Part 1 - YouTube
Black Box Jk Wrangler Install Part 2 - YouTube

2012 install video:

12' Wrangler Black Box Install - YouTube

Also I can add weather pack connection to your black box if you wish. This is awesome option if you have lights on your bumper as this will allow you to remove your bumper without having to cut/resplice your light wires together!

Weatherpack connections - YouTube

In cab winch controls: Starting at at $35.00 + Shipping(with micro switch (kill switch) with Carling style switch (winch in/out control)

• [*]Simple design that can be completed in under a hour.
    [*]Can be wired to turn on with key or without.
    [*]Sleek design
Choose your own switches from Metal sealed toggle, Black Nylon toggle, Miro switches, to Carling style switches to match the Daystar/Rugged Ridge switches

In Cabin Winch Controls.MOV - YouTube

Metal Sealed Toggle Switch

Black Nylon toggle

Carling Style (same one in the video)

Micro Round

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love my black box

Got one of these guys and installed it this weekend. Easy! The hardest part is accessing the battery hold down screw once the box is in place. I needed a longer extension on my ratchet.

Wired up most of the triggers to a tap-a-fuse in the M9 slot so the relays close only when the key is turned but that is just me.

The color coding makes it all simple and there is plenty of wire length.

So now I have:
1) bumper lights
2) hood lights
3) rear power (sunroof of my wildboar hardtop)
4) iphone mount/charger

I have one more circuit left. Probably for a winch sooner or later.

Dustin was great. Very responsive and helpful.

All in all I think this is great and would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Could you post a better pic of the winch control?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anybody know if he's still making these? I've sent a few messages and haven't heard any response.
I'm sorry as I've been out of town for the most part of the week on my primary job. I sent you a PM and saw you left a VM. I'm calling you right now matter of fact.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm sorry as I've been out of town for the most part of the week on my primary job. I sent you a PM and saw you left a VM. I'm calling you right now matter of fact.
Thanks for calling me back and thanks for all the information! I'll be sending you an email with my order in the next day or so as soon as I figure out exactly what I'm going to wire up to it so you can configure it appropriately.

Thanks again

·
Registered
63 Posts
how many

Please school me: If every electrical component needs a relay, why does the black box have 5 relays but 10 fuses? The black box has 5-colored wires for components(wht, grn, blu, orang, grey).....where do I hook up the 6th and 7th?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please school me: If every electrical component needs a relay, why does the black box have 5 relays but 10 fuses? The black box has 5-colored wires for components(wht, grn, blu, orang, grey).....where do I hook up the 6th and 7th?

5 fuses are for 5 relays.

1 fuse is for switch power if you opt for being able to turn the switches on anytime.

4/5 other slots are fused power for extra accesories :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can 2 relays be set to a constant 12v source and 3 be set to an ignition source? Or do they all have to be one or the other?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts