JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here....will HOPEFULLY be picking up a used 07 rubi from the dealer Monday.....I really didn't want the softtop with half doors but this is a steal.....07 with 4051 ORIGINAL miles and no accidents (economy is great for buying used right now)

So my question is, is it possible to do the conversion simply? a soft top with half locking doors to a hardtop? Thanks in advance. I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions in the coming weeks....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
And Half doors are like gold, no scratch that platinum! Full doors can be found relatively cheap compared to half doors. Congrats! When you get it make sure you 303 the he'll out of it, dealers love armour all and that shit sucks and turns the plastic gray. There was a guy getting new plastics all the way around because the dealer used armour all on it the whole time. He had the bumper to bumper everything coverage and two years of free service and everytime you take it in the dealer would detail it and this guy was big country hog hunter and said the only baths it gets is when it's in for service so shows how poor armour all works.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Like these guys said. Those half doors are Very desirable around here. I'm sure you can get someone to trade you doors and you may even be able to ask for some cash too. The hard top on the other hand is going to cost you. Used prices tend to range for $1000-1500.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Newbie here....will HOPEFULLY be picking up a used 07 rubi from the dealer Monday.....I really didn't want the softtop with half doors but this is a steal.....07 with 4051 ORIGINAL miles and no accidents (economy is great for buying used right now)

So my question is, is it possible to do the conversion simply? a soft top with half locking doors to a hardtop? Thanks in advance. I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions in the coming weeks....

Are you saying you don't want your half doors? Or are you wanting to know if they'll work with a hard top?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Are you saying you don't want your half doors? Or are you wanting to know if they'll work with a hard top?
I think he didn't want a soft top.... so half doors+hard top is what he wants, to my understanding

·
Registered
649 Posts

The best thing about jeeps is they're like legos, so many possibilities.... :bounce:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts