JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried search but had no luck...

I just got my Rubi Unlimited and it has the Dual Tops. Seeing as the Great White North is a wee bit cold in the winter I'll be using the hard top till spring time. Sooo now the soft top has to come out for the winter. The manual says that I need to remove the hard top to do this. Ugggh...

Is there a way to take the soft top out w/o removing the hard top? If there isn't then there isn't, but if there is a way to do this easily I'd love to know it.

Thanks in advance. :beer:

Rob

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello Rob.
You do not need to remove the hard top from the Jeep. I just unbolted the hard top and lifted it up about 10". Then have a friend or two slide it out the back. First remove the front freedom panels. Unscrew the 2 large round plastic screws next to the interior light. You will have to remove the 3 bolts on both sides of the tube as well as the 2 bolts that are sandwiched between the front freedom panels and the rear hard top. Don't forget to unplug the power/windshield wiper hose from the driverside rear panel next to the tailgate. Well hopefully this is helpful. You should be able to complete this in 30 minutes. Three sets on hands would be nice, 2 people to lift up on the corners of the hardtop and one to slide the soft top out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts