JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say I am impressed as hell.

I have owned my JK (soft top) for about 3 weeks now. I went out and got it douched in mud.

I put the lawn sprinkler under the jeep for about 30 minutes to loosen up the underside - then got the pressure washer out. I blasted every angle of the jeep to clean it with the pressure washer.

No water leaked inside. I was so impressed. I would still like to get a hard top, I think they look better - but I'm not about to pay $2k + for one.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
those really don't test it. Those are just too brief to expose any leaks. The real test is to have it sitting in a parking lot during a long torrential storm. Any leaks will suddenly be revealed.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Are you for real? Mine leaks a decent amount, and by decent I mean alot.:D

Every time I wash it, it leaks.

Every time it downpours, it leaks.

It's just part of owning a Jeep, give it some time...

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Three weeks is not enough time to say that it doesn't leak. It is likely more a matter of where and when.

At least- so far so good. Good luck.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i wonder if it will start to leak as he takes the top down and up?

·
Registered
966 Posts
I put the lawn sprinkler under the jeep for about 30 minutes to loosen up the underside.
LMAO I got wierd looks from my neighbors for doing the same thing. Except my sprinklers are built in so I was on the lawn. Worked great tho. Glad your top is holding up. . . .give it some time :thefinger:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts