JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a stock soft top, No issues except for one thing, the rear side windows. Where they meet the door frame, they do not like to stay. it happens mostly near the top. The door is suppose to shut and hold the windows in, but what is happening when going over 30 mph, wind catches where the window isnt fully in behind the door seal at the top. hope this is making sense. then the window starts pushing out. causing wind, water, and a hell of alot of noise. i can deal, but why not see if anyone else has found a solution. i tried velcro, worked for a little while. Any reply is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
You're doing it wrong. My guess is you're not inserting the L-shaped edge of the rear window inside the groove on the door surround. I've seen folks miss that. Check this video out. Pay particular attention at the 5:56 mark. Takes some practice, but trust me, the soft top is tight and shouldn't be flapping or coming undone.

Official Airpark 2010 JK soft top video - YouTube

Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
899 Posts
You're doing it wrong. My guess is you're not inserting the L-shaped edge of the rear window inside the groove on the door surround. I've seen folks miss that. Check this video out. Pay particular attention at the 5:56 mark. Takes some practice, but trust me, the soft top is tight and shouldn't be flapping or coming undone.

Official Airpark 2010 JK soft top video - YouTube

Let us know how it works out.
WOW, I wish I could have watched that video 6 months ago when my JK was new (my window popped loose more than once the first couple of times).
Most of the comments above are probably correct, he might be doing it wrong, he might also have a bad window molding/channel. So, try reinstalling the window according to the video and also compare the two sides and make sure one of them doesn't look different (defect). Good luck and keep enjoying the JK.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
When they are new its hard to get the front edge of the window turned around to fit in the channel. The key, as stated above, is to only zip a couple of inches them work the window starting at the top into that channel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.