JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day that the passenger side front corner of my soft top didn't seat right, after looking further I noticed the latch was crooked. Turns out there is a small cheesey pin that the latch rotates on, the pin was just about falling out. I figured no big deal just pop that sucker back in and be on my way... Yea until the next time I put the top up. Now the pins on both latches are falling out everytime I unlatch the top. How do I fix this? What is the actual part that has the latches, I found a write up about a metal header support but that looks like it's a metal bar that stiffens the header, I need the actual header with the latches. Sorry if that makes no sense i can add pics if needed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
pull one of the pins out and head to a hardware store. see if you can upgrade to a bolt and nut set up.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I order 68049276AB that includes new latches so I can kill two birds with one stone? If so that's exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes, the new header will include the latches. I still have the receipt from mine. I will check it tomorrow and verifiy the p/n I ordered.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Shit! I spaced out on this. Just checked the receipt and that is the p/n I ordered. Cost was 140$ from my Stealership

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea that's where I ordered it from last night, right after the pin on the passenger side fell out into the grass. I have a tiny screw in there for now, hoping the new one will kill some wind noise too.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Stealership in Denver seriously just quoted me $460 to do this TSB. To start, they wanted to charge me $120 to diagnose the problem even though I had pointed out the warped header and given them the TSB numbers. Looks like you can get the part for less than $100 and replace in under an hour.

I would think considering Jeep acknowleges a problem with thier product that they would at least good will some of the price of the part for those out of warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts