JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll probably get flamed for this, but what the heck is the right way to fold the Unlimited soft top down? The instructions in the manual suck compared to what my TJ's were. I fold the sunrider section like they tell you too, forming the "W", release the latches up top, slide it back on the plastic rails, and fold it together as I bring it back and down. the problem is it sticks up almost level with the third brake light, and I have a hard time getting the velcro straps to fit around the ends of the bows up front, behind the rear doors. Its like the top doesn't fit between the back of the body and the roll bar. I can mess with it and get it a little better, but then the plastic retainers attached to the sides of the top that secure it above the doors when up get all smashed and bent up. Is this just the way it is, or am I doing something wrong? My TJ I could have the top down in 2 mins., real easy.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Yep, I had the same problems...

you have to make sure the folds are in the W configuration, Pull the sail pieces out of the corners, Remove the windows.

That should be it!

I had to wrestle with mine to learn how it's suppose to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts