JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May long weekend is coming up for us folks in Canada. This is soft top weekend in my neck of the woods... YeeHaw!:bounce:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oh Yea, that's what I'm talkin bout! I put mine on in prep for the Topless day run in the Rubicon. Its nice to be able to drop top, then, lift just in case of mother nature. Pictures???

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Snapped this picture last Friday on my way to Manitoulin Island :smokin:

Yah yah... it's stiiiiillll stock. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, pics will be up as soon as the hardtop is off...

This will be the first time putting the rag on (no time at all last summer) so I have a question.
When you fold the top down do you remove the side and rear window first or will it all fold down together...? Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
wish I wasnt workin nightshifts all week cuz I'm dyin to put mine on, still in the box from the dealership

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What a PITA to put that rag top on the first time. The top was all wrinkly from being in the box and being brand new so I had to pull pretty hard to stretch it out and get it hooked in. Only got a pic of the top off so far. Was too dark out by the time I got the top fitted.

More pics later when the suns out.. Andy, you'll need a couple hours and a helper to get that top on for the first time..

·
Registered
479 Posts
When you put the OE top on for the first time, put the top on in the sunshine in 80f+, after a few hours, it will streeetch out fine. IF temps won't allow that, then try putting the top on one day, attaching rear only, pull the top forward, but don't buckle down entirely. Let it sit that way from mid morning-thru mid afternoon. Dis attach rear, then try stretching to the front, prefitting to make sure the gasket is hitting perfect, and equal somewhat on each side of the windshield/door closed gap. After clamping down front, stretch back (following the underside all the way to the back to make sure no straps are kinked, etc), then while pulling a tad on the rear bow, attach the rear closest to the tailgate. If it doesn't work that day, leave it that way over night, and retry, starting the same procedure in the AM, after sun is up/ambient temp is up. I had to do it the two day method, but no leaks, no wind issues, and it looks awesome. I use a cheapo fleece throw blanket (walmart/kmart/target version) as a buffer in between the side windows, and rear window. No scratches to date, but I'm anal. I take the windows out at my location, cruise, then reinstall prior to driving home (usually 4+hr drive). :beer:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here we go Softtop on and ready for the weekend... Your turn Andy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts