JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I had to use a scrub brush on my 06 Unlimited soft top and still was never able to kill all of the stains. The worst were the areas that had been covered with (heavily oxidized) red rock mud. I used reg dish soap, Simple Green, and some others...but nothing totally got rid of it. Black tree sap was also nxt to impossible to remove.

From Jp magazine (reviewed- 7/ 06) *Not sure if these are all still on the market or not*
-in order from "most effective" to "least effective"

#1 Wolfstein's Raggtop cleaner (avail thru Quadratec)
#2 303 Products convertible top cleaner (avail thru most auto parts stores)
#3 Simple Green all-purpose cleaner (avail everyehere)
#4 Bestop cleaner (avail thru Quadratec)
#5 Koala Products convertible (avail thru Koala Products)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If anyone needs a new JK soft top, I’ll sell mine for $200.

Was only on the JK for less than 1000 miles and about three, weeks while I waited on the hard top to come in.

The only thing is you have to make arrangements for shipping or pickup. Have no way to transport it.

PM me here or I can be reached at [email protected]

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
If anyone needs a new JK soft top, I’ll sell mine for $200.

Was only on the JK for less than 1000 miles and about three, weeks while I waited on the hard top to come in.

The only thing is you have to make arrangements for shipping or pickup. Have no way to transport it.

PM me here or I can be reached at [email protected]

I'm intrested!!! e-mail sent!!!

Is it a black with tinted windows and for an unlimited?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live on a dirt road w/red clay and my jeep is always filthy. I rarely wash it, usually only before shows as my jeep is Hanson Offroad's main show jeep. I had got stains on my top and couldn't get off no matter how I tried. I sprayed my top with some of the no wipe tire cleaner and it made it look like new. Then I pressure spayed it down so it wouldn't be a dust magnet. I have been using before our shows ever since and it works very well for me. Be sure to wash well before going on dirt roads as it will collect dust like mad.
Good luck, try a sample spot where it can't be seen,don't blame me if your top turns pink or yellow

My Top after 25,000 miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts