JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run their Soft top jeep through an Automatic Carwash? I am lazy and the JK is getting rediculously dirty. No time to hand wash.

Don't want the top flying off in the thing? Would a one time trip kill it?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Anyone run their Soft top jeep through an Automatic Carwash? I am lazy and the JK is getting rediculously dirty. No time to hand wash.

Don't want the top flying off in the thing? Would a one time trip kill it?
I'd be afraid of scratches and leaking. I've used hand washes though -- essentially a car wash with people inside doing the cleaning. No spinning brushes, no high-pressure spray. And it helps support my local undocumented workers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be afraid of scratches and leaking. I've used hand washes though -- essentially a car wash with people inside doing the cleaning. No spinning brushes, no high-pressure spray. And it helps support my local undocumented workers.
I wish we had one here. ONly ones we have are the automated.

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
The one (and only) time I took my JK through an automatic carwash, it almost ripped off my antenna and shook the shit out of my rig. Oh, and still didn't get all the mud off. :pissed:

Wouldn't recommend it. :shaking:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Do it once a week at a place called "Wheel's 'N Bumpers"...runs through the wash then my local illegal alien towel dries it and does windows, trim, etc. Have yet to have a problem...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so i am biting the bullet and trying. I can't go too much longer with a dirt colored top. Hopefully it will hold together.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Never done it. I was always told it wears the top faster. I use the DIY washes with the pressure washer but I run it on low pressure over the top and windows. Takes about 5 minutes longer than a gas station wash.

Sent via Pony Express

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had the same question. I'm glad it's not a problem at the hand washes.
How high of a lift are you running to be considered too big?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have 3.5" lift and 35's and i drive mine through the automated car washes all the time! I am too lazy to scrub the damn thing. The touchless are loud but work fine. As long as you don't hit the clearance bar your fine.:beer::beer:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have 3.5" lift and 35's and i drive mine through the automated car washes all the time! I am too lazy to scrub the damn thing. The touchless are loud but work fine. As long as you don't hit the clearance bar your fine.:beer::beer:
Same here I go to my local touchless once a week, it is loud as hell on the soft top.The wash does kinda s shitty job but the top is dam clean.

·
Registered
931 Posts
i run mine thru the self washing ones, not the touchless auto washes. i'm going to invest in a power washer though. the car washes around here are shitty. dump 10 bucks in them, and when you roll out, you still have water marks and shit all over it. i'd rather do it in my own yard. :beer:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I run mine through them quite often, no problems so far, (except for the antena) It does have a tendancy to shake the poor little guy to death. But it lives. I am lazy like you :smokin:, and they seem to work fairly well for me. So... no problems for me running it through them.

But I do prefer to have little people wash and dry it... it comes out better. :thefinger:

But... But! It still does not always get all the dirt off. So if you can, have little people clean it for you, if not... get over having a little dirt on it... and take her through! :beer:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts