JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can only find one older thread about these and a few with only one or two posts. Looks like Rugged Ridge ($80), Smittybuilt and Rampage ($50), and Mopar (over $100) are the only companies that make them.

Mopar is out for being overpriced.

Anyone have experience with any of the other three. Right now I'm leaning toward Smittybuilt.

Thanks.

:gluging:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I had a smittybuilt that lasted one season before the zipper ripped. And the fitment was shit. Spent the jack on the Mopar (made by bestop) about 4 years ago and it still looks and fits great. This is one place that its better to spend the money if you want the part to last.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had a smittybuilt that lasted one season before the zipper ripped. And the fitment was shit. Spent the jack on the Mopar (made by bestop) about 4 years ago and it still looks and fits great. This is one place that its better to spend the money if you want the part to last.
+1
Just got the Smittybilt last week and it's garbage.
MOPAR on order.

:mad:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+1
Just got the Smittybilt last week and it's garbage.
MOPAR on order.

:mad:

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be trying out the Smitty. I ordered from 4WheelParts cause I had a gift card, and they don't carry the MOPAR boot. If it sucks I'll try to get one summers use out of it and course correct later.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have the MOPAR one and I have been completely happy with it. Like was said before, you need a quality zipper and material. If you've already got the Smittybuilt one on the way, let us know how you like it.

I had the MOPAR boot that came with my 2006 LJ, never had trouble with it, so I didn't think twice about getting one for the JK.

Don't have too many pics of it, but here's one.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I also have the Mopar boot, and its good and well made.

FWIW, since you have to deal with the MD weather - sunny now, thunder storm later, Mopar makes a soft storage "box" for the half door uppers and the rear side windows. Rolled up it fits under the rear seat. Loaded it fits in the cargo area. Not as well made as the boot, but decent enough and convenient as heck.

So now you need half doors!

TJT, luv your plate!

JPK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.