JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a soft top boot on their unlimited top? If so, what brand? How do you like it? I've been looking at the Smittybilt and Rugged Ridge, they look descent and priced reasonably compared to the Mopar one.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I have a 2 door but use one. I run top down almost all year long but like to have the top on board in case I get caught in rain. That boot is great, keeps the top nice and clean. Also makes the dropped top look nice and tidy. I have the $ Mopar one and its held up for 3 years now. I know someone with the Smittybilt one and he likes it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm starting to lean towards the Smittybilt, just because of the price.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Subscribing... :beer:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Here is what one looks like installed. Let me know if you want close ups and I'll shoot it up.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just ordered the Rampage boot from Quadratec, along with the Mopar upper half door/window storage bag.

I decided on the Rampage version because the photo displayed by Quadratec for the Rampage ($55) vesrion is the same as the photo dusplayed for the Mopar version, and the Mopar vesion is supposed to have a soft window pouch. I already have a window pouch, but it takes up room and I'm hoping the the Rampage version has the pouch to be more room efficient.

Here in MD, afternoon thunderstorms are frequent, so being able to close up is important to me, though I dislike having to carry all the various pieces and parts.

I'll post a report here on the boot and the upper window bag when I get them and take a look. But its supposed to rain on and off all week.

Here's a link to the Quadratec page with Mopar and Rampage boots and also the Mopar upper door/window bag. http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?pg=2&cn=Jeep+Soft+Top+Accessories&c=104

JPK

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm gonna go with the Smittybilt, talked to my local 4x4 shop today and they have them in stock. ;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
The Rampage version of the boot arrived today. It appears to be of high quality. The material is the same as the soft top. No compartment for soft windows. The boot has a zipper to allow the top to be fully enclosed within the boot.

The Mopar upper door/window bag also arrived today. It also appears to be of high quality. The bag hold all four uppers and has sewn in dividers that fold between the uppers to prevent scratching. Mopar has fitted it with clips and webbing to attach it to the back of the rear seats when in use. The clips snap onto the child safety seat anchors and the webbing goes around the rear headrest supports. The webbing is missing fastex buckles and you have to thread the straps though buckles, which is a pita, I'm sure. Still, should work well.

JPK

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the RR model and I'm very happy with it. Big, solid zipper and made of heavy duty black diamond material. I like how it clips under like the soft top for a nice clean look. About $70.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I decided to get the Mopar one. I just ordered it, if you want any info on it, I'll let ya know how it is whenever I get it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just picked up the Smittybilt today, when I get a chance to install it I'll post some pics. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts