JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to hopefully order a new soft top setup for my JK in a few weeks. ive been wanting to basically do a safari length bikini, duster cover, and windjammer or similar back window. I don't use a back seat, roll bar padding, or rear seatbelts/trim panels. anyone use Quadratec's setup like this that can offer input?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11022_91X2_PG.htm

or can anyone enlighten me on pros/cons between Quadratec, Bestop, or their sub line Pavement Ends with this setup?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm running the full quadratec setup with the standard length bikini. It does the job. Only real complaint is the quadratec soft top material for these is on the thinner side, doesn't feel as thick / sturdy as the factory soft top material did.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. how do you like the Quadratec rear window/"windjammer"? my biggest concern is interior space. im 6' flat and my gf is 6' 2" so the seats are slid just about all the way back.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wish somebody made a watertight setup for the 4 doors without costing a small fortune. The backbone rear window looks perfect but not at 300 bones. C'mon bestop, what's the holdup?

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
Wish somebody made a watertight setup for the 4 doors without costing a small fortune. The backbone rear window looks perfect but not at 300 bones. C'mon bestop, what's the holdup?
That's just for their rear windshield that "requires" their $650 "backbone" to seal up.
If you don't already have their trunk, it's a thousand dollars to install that clear tarp.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a nice product but way out of my price range. The limiting factor on seat position would still likely be a rear window

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
thanks for the reply. how do you like the Quadratec rear window/"windjammer"? my biggest concern is interior space. im 6' flat and my gf is 6' 2" so the seats are slid just about all the way back.
That's a valid concern. The back of your seat will be pressed into the windjammer but I don't see it limiting your leg room any to be honest. I run aftermarket seats that are much thinner than the factory ones so mine never touches the windjammer.

·
Registered
979 Posts
For a 2 door, you can get the newer Bestop Wraparound windjammer. It requires the use of the soundbar cap that they have but I guess they seal pretty well. This year I'm planning on running my new tonneau cover, regular windjammer and a full length safari top for most of the summer. That should suffice for overnight and light rain. I'll put my full soft top on when the weather gets bad. Check Amazon for the best price

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, easter sunday got kinda pricey so looks like ill be putting off getting a new top for a few more weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts