JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had the doors and soft top off the past few days.

the past few days i have encountered torrential downpours on my drive home. now i have the hard top bikini on and i had some rain gear on. so i dont mind.

but tonight, i got side swipped TWICE by tsunami waves splashing up from oncoming traffic on a flooding street. it was interesting.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
ive had the doors and soft top off the past few days.

the past few days i have encountered torrential downpours on my drive home. now i have the hard top bikini on and i had some rain gear on. so i dont mind.

but tonight, i got side swipped TWICE by tsunami waves splashing up from oncoming traffic on a flooding street. it was interesting.

get video camera, mount to side of jeep, go back out, I gotta see this :laughing:

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Yeah I put the doors on this weekend. When it's actually flooding, there's no shame in putting the doors back on lol.

I think I'm gonna take em back off tomorrow though. Today was freaking gorgeous.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i should get a camera. :laughing:

about the water... it was splashed onto the windshield enough to white it out and make me tap on the brakes. :eek:

its nice as hell on the drive to work... its the drive home that always seems to get me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
there is nothing better than the looks you get from people in their cars while driving topless and doorless in the rain...

im with Tim on this, get a camera!
LOL, yeah even as a jeep driver this one still kills me when I see it.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
LOL, yeah even as a jeep driver this one still kills me when I see it.
i was out one day last summer... was beautiful blue sky when i left the house topless and doorless then.... the rain came, in sheets and buckets it POURED! so im wearing my rain coat and a baseball hat, stopped at a light when a car pulls up next to me and this old guy says " do you know youre missing your roof and doors?" i was speechless for a reply....

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm right there with you man lol, though my commute doesnt normally put me in downpours for long. I do keep a squeegee that i normally used for drying the Jeep in the center console for drying of the annoying inner-windshield mist that happens post rain

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Para dude now that's funny. :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm right there with you man lol, though my commute doesnt normally put me in downpours for long. I do keep a squeegee that i normally used for drying the Jeep in the center console for drying of the annoying inner-windshield mist that happens post rain
i need one of those... my pruned hand just wasnt cutting it.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
i was out one day last summer... was beautiful blue sky when i left the house topless and doorless then.... the rain came, in sheets and buckets it POURED! so im wearing my rain coat and a baseball hat, stopped at a light when a car pulls up next to me and this old guy says " do you know youre missing your roof and doors?" i was speechless for a reply....
I get caught in the rain quite often cuz I insist on at least no doors and sometimes no top during the rainy season here. When I get that comment (and it's happened several times), I reply: the doors and top cost extra! That gets em to smiling.

·
Registered
474 Posts
i need one of those... my pruned hand just wasnt cutting it.
yeah, I had the Jeep linex'd last week before I went home so I left my doors in Miami (3 hours away) as part of the Linex prep. . . picked up a few tricks and learned some new lessons from riding doorless in the rain. now I always have the squeegee, a couple construction grade trashbags (to keep my bags dry even though they're under the security deck), and a sandwich bag or two (soon to be one or a couple of these) for my phone + wallet + GPS.

Also, I'm so satisfied with my laptop pelican case that Ill probably buy another one to keep my camera waterproof :D.

Just figured I'd share some of the tips/tricks i picked up. please share if you guys have any. Getting wet is just part of being a Jeeper in Florida IMO

·
Registered
454 Posts
You know your hardcore doorless/topless when you RainX not only the outside of your windshield.....but the inside too! :D

mikeyFL....how you like that hardtop as a bikini?

·
Registered
474 Posts
You know your hardcore doorless/topless when you RainX not only the outside of your windshield.....but the inside too! :D

Rainx doesnt even work on the outside . . and the droplets are too small on the inside to bead up . .already thought of that :thefinger:

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
love it.

got them on the cheap from another jeeper. they are both damaged, with chipped corners, but they serve their purpose!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Lol i love driving in the rain with no doors.
but thats one thing that pisses me off.
Im just sitting at a light and some jackass comes flying by and bam i get broadsided by some crazy ass fire-hydrant type blast. LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts