JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still researching a 2012 Wrangler 2 door. What exactly is in the tow package?

From their site it seems like a hitch (anyone know what Class?), Flat 4 connector, and the computer programming. Costs $270 as an option.

Just wondering as I can get a Class III hitch and wiring harness off Amazon for $160 or so and put it on myself. Also keep seeing used hitches for as cheap as $50. The computer programming that awesome/useful/lifesaving/etc? Anything else I'm missing?
I have a single axle 5x8 utility trailer I use for "I don't have a pickup anymore" hauling duties.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Supposed to be something with the stability control and brake pulsing to counter sway.

Think the dealer setup is an actual hitch. I'm not so hot on those bolt-to-the-bumper hitches. Dunno why though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stiffer back springs and standard 4:10 Rear axle ratio.
Not in a 2012. 4.10's are Rubi only. You have to pay $50 and select another option to get 3.73's on the 2 door Sports.

Anybody confirmed that the tow package on the 2012's gives stiffer rear springs? Seen that mentioned many times but no one can confirm it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.