JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
I made reservations back in November. I'll be there the 13th to the 17th, then off to Silverton CO for a while.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I go 3rd weekend in May, every May, it's my ritual. Usually a tad warmer than EJS and before the biting flies. I often then return again 1st weekend of November when oom rates drop to near nothing. :grinpimp: One year I'll go during EJS but not this one. ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I always go to Moab the week after ESJ. I prefer empty trails ;)
I used to go down then too. I don't wheel with that group much anymore though.

I do have reservations for Presidents Day weekend right now. Its a little risky with the weather but it has worked out OK the last couple of years. Rates are usually cheaper too!

peter

A

·
0 Posts
This year will be the 5th in a row for the week after EJS. I normally get to Moab 3-4 times a year. Sometimes I say with a friend who lives in Moab and other times I like staying at the Gonzo Inn.

·
Registered
962 Posts
:sleep:Hotels:sleep:

EDIT: I should add that this is a shameless plug from my hotel booking engine. So you can all flog me later. :lol:
Holy Crap, those rates went up. I got my room at Days Inn for 79.00 a night:D

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
WOW, $159-$229/night for the Super 8!!!

peter
Yep last minute shoppers definitely get the sting of "well, I've got the only rooms in Moab" syndrome. I usually book a year in advance and I have had anywhere from 39-89 during prime time. ;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
You guy may also want to look into renting a condo if you have a group, they are usually $200-$300 per night but you get 3 bedrooms and a garage.

A

·
0 Posts
x3 I've run Spike in 4 hours. Get back in time to put the toes in the river and relax with something cold. :smokin:
4 hours is fast. I’ve ran it 4 times and the best we did was 6 hours with 3 rigs. One memorable trip with a really large group of newbies and 2 H3s that blew up 3 diffs and a t-case between them took us close to 18 hours

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jeep Safari

Easter Jeep Safari!
Who else is going?

I always go to EJS, I am a member of the Red Rock 4-wheelers. I have been leading trails at Safari since 1988. There are only 4 trails I have not lead over the years. Since they added “Hole in the Rock” on “Big Saturday” I have done that trail both weekends. I generally run the rest of the week with some of our “Pirate 4X4 Club. I have not had a booth the last 3 years so I have more time to run trails. This year I will be in town for 3+ weeks before and after Safari.

Frenchie La Chance
Western Adventures

1 - 20 of 25 Posts