·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Venting! Among the protestors where Vets donning signs that Bradley manning is a hero! Being a war veteran myself I find it incomprehensible that a vet of the U.S. military could see him as a hero! Sooo sad :pissed:

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
No trial, straight to execution.

·
Moon's Out Goons Out
125 Posts
If the information he leaked was insignificant, it wouldn't have been classified TS. I looked at some of the leaked information and it appeared to me to be relatively "mundane" information (I saw AARs and patrol debriefs mostly) compared to what he probably had access to, it did reveal TTPs and some of the more unsavory aspects of the conflict. I just think it seemed more salacious because of the audience. They didn't know what they were looking at, Manning's dumb fucking ass included, so they thought they were on to something.

But alas, nothing we can't recover from. Mostly just a bad IO incident. But in the current conflict, it certainly makes conducting day to day business harder. I'm with one of the guys that posted earlier in the thread. Manning intended to buck the system. He wanted us to fail.

I guess no one ever taught him that war is an ugly thing and that people get hurt from time to time. Go figure.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If the information he leaked was insignificant, it wouldn't have been classified TS. I looked at some of the leaked information and it appeared to me to be relatively "mundane" information (I saw AARs and patrol debriefs mostly) compared to what he probably had access to, it did reveal TTPs and some of the more unsavory aspects of the conflict. I just think it seemed more salacious because of the audience. They didn't know what they were looking at, Manning's dumb fucking ass included, so they thought they were on to something.

But alas, nothing we can't recover from. Mostly just a bad IO incident. But in the current conflict, it certainly makes conducting day to day business harder. I'm with one of the guys that posted earlier in the thread. Manning intended to buck the system. He wanted us to fail.

I guess no one ever taught him that war is an ugly thing and that people get hurt from time to time. Go figure.

IMHO the degree of significance is irrelevant. The intent to provide information should quality to the fullest extent of punishment. He didn't tell his mom about an operation... as a member of the military intelligence, he knows better to tell anyone! Any information leaked jeopardizes operations and lives.

Here's an idea, send him back to his unit for operations and see how it goes ;)

Again JMHO.

·
Registered
540 Posts
According to my dated UCMJ knowledge, this crime was committe during war time, if convicted, the young man could swing.

Not opposed to that level of punishment but can understand why it took them so long, in this day and age one must be sure of their I's being dotted and T's being crossed.

The man is a traitor and should be dealt with accordingly. More than sure when gets put in the brig, they will deal with him there.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to my dated UCMJ knowledge, this crime was committe during war time, if convicted, the young man could swing.

Not opposed to that level of punishment but can understand why it took them so long, in this day and age one must be sure of their I's being dotted and T's being crossed.

The man is a traitor and should be dealt with accordingly. More than sure when gets put in the brig, they will deal with him there.
You are correct! He's lucky they are only looking for life imprisonment.

Can Someone move this to chit chat? I just realized I posted in the wrong section.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am a vet as well and I don't really care what happens to him. I don't care about what he did because nothing horrible happened because of it. There was recently a man, in my area, who kidnapped, raped, and strangled 6 teenage girls while they were tied up and defenseless to do anything but to get the life choked out of them and he got life for it. I guess what this pfc did is a more horrible crime. :shaking::shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I am a vet as well and I don't really care what happens to him. I don't care about what he did because nothing horrible happened because of it. There was recently a man, in my area, who kidnapped, raped, and strangled 6 teenage girls while they were tied up and defenseless to do anything but to get the life choked out of them and he got life for it. I guess what this pfc did is a more horrible crime. :shaking::shaking::shaking:
Not caring is how life sentences start; both should swing.

Sent from my little magic box.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's just that everyone is making a huge deal of this pfc when people commit even more horrible crimes on a daily basis. Imagine if it was your daughter that his rapist kidnapped and murdered. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't think pfc numbnutts is that bad in comparison. :shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
376 Posts
All the information may have been irrelevant to us but how man man hours of deployed troops was wasted? Got it nobody will ever know what it caused or could have caused but coming from a guy with many overseas trips , the information leaked could have kept us on track with plans that worked instead of having to reevaluate and start over! Time is money and isn't that where we are today with the budget cuts and bullshit! I do 't care either way I understand they need a fall guy and the press is going to eat this up but in reality he could have just disappeared and it all would have been over!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.