JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I went down to my local Jeep dealer and just about bought a Unlimited Rubicon with the 6sp. My last jeep was a 99 TJ Sahara that had Dynatrac 44/60 combo and a Rock Krawler 5.5 L/A and 37 Super Swampers.

This time around I'm going to go quite a bit more low key because I already own a Comp Buggy so the Hardcore aspect isn't really needed as much. I'm just looking and finding a nice DD that I can take clients to lunch in and be able to make a weekend wheeler out of it for the family. My plans would be just at 2.5" lift and some 35's for now.

So my question is, I've been talking to the dealer about getting a 2008 and get the old inventory discount ($2000) among a couple other discounts. The only catch is that we're finding quite a few in the California area and only 3 in other states. I don't want to own a California JK because of the extra California emissions package that comes on them. I live in eastern Washington and will never have any emissions testing and I don't want to deal with the extra emissions crap on the Jeep.

What all do they add in terms of emissions for California? If its really not a big deal I won't worry about it but I noticed that little line added to the description of every JK we were finding on the Dealer Locater.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well updates on the situation:

I just bit the bullet and just bought a 09. I wanted to have a larger color choice and so I just got a Dark Water Blue Jk Rubicon. They should have it here on monday for me and I'm really excited to get it. I'll post a few pictures up when I bring it home.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Good job. After the TJ, you'll really (REALLY) enjoy everything about the JK.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I know. I convinced the dealership to let me take one home last night and drive it around a bit. I drove it over 100 miles and am pretty confident with my purchase. The only thing that would've made it a better test drive would've been to go take it up wheeling. However it didn't seem worth it if I scratched or dented the loaner JK.

The thing I'm most excited about in getting my new JK is that I will be able to take the whole family up to the mountains. My wife and I are expecting our first kid due in October and having the extra room will be very nice. Heck I could even take our 2 dogs in the back as well. Its by no means a Comp buggy but it will be fun non the less for our family.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks life is going to be crazy for me in the next year. I don't know about any mods for a little bit only because I have to remind myself that this is my DD.

However.....I have this little habit though of modifying vehicles so the bug will probably hit me sooner than later. Heck I'm already looking at lifts and bumpers. Ahh its a sickness isn't it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts