JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shaking:
Sorry folks but I decided that I needed something a little more practical. so I traded my 2010 sport in on a 2011 titan crew cab pro-4x.
frankly i got tired of always hitching up the trailer anytime i needed to move anything large or dirty, and the limited towing capacity on top of that. also being 2 doors was kind of a downer anytime i needed to haul a few friends.
But i do say this, the jeep was one of the most fun vehicles i've had. and i do miss the ability to sneak into any parking space and turn on a dime, and i think i will get another one later on in life (and now i have something to tow it with)

that said i think the dealership might be on crack, i did my homework and found my trade in to be roughly $17000, they offered $18000 for it with a broken windshield and what looked like a bullet dent in the door. sold. now they are asking $22500 with a new windshield for a sport with a 6speed and no options but a/c. I'm a little fuzzy but i'm pretty sure that's about 3k more than we gave new.

anyways, you jeep folks are a nice group, i still occasionally wave out of habit and will be lurking about here, and might see some of you on the trails if i ever get my bronco running again or get another jeep.:beer:
(also the offroad product info on this site is the best, i'll be hitting y'all up for winch light and tire reviews when the time comes:D)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I'm actually in the process of trying to trade/sell my Frontier PRO-4x and buy a Jeep. Jeeps must be magical because they defy the laws of depreciation apparently. I routinely see used Jeeps selling for at or near the price of a brand new one. I don't know why anyone would a newer used Jeep when a brand spanking new one costs the same or is at least within a grand or two. I have definitely seen 2012 A/C only Jeeps advertised for 22,500 or less. I hope you plan keep your Titan for a long time because the dealers won't be nearly as kind to you if/when you try to trade it in. My 2010 Frontier with MSRP of almost 30k gets me dealer offers of 19k and it has less than 10k miles on it. Go figure.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Jeeps must be magical because they defy the laws of depreciation apparently.
^^^^Surprisingly there is something to that.

I still chuckle how in April of '09 I bought a brand new '08 Rubicon Unlimited for $25,600. Fast forward two years to March of '11. I've racked up 32k miles, have used and lightly abused the Rubi on and off-road and I managed to get $24,800 when I traded her in on our '11 Grand Cherokee. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I thoiught hard about the Titan Prox4, the numbers came in really good STickered @ $42,100, offered at $33,800. Pay off on my 09JKU w 98000 miles was 19,600, they offered $16k, worked them upto $20,100.00:shaking:.

I liked the truck, but really wanted to get into a Chevy. I endd up with a 2011 Z71 crew cab, everything but nav and leather. I love LOVE the onstar directions.

Now sems to be a great time to trade in, some really good deals to be had.

Post up a review of teh Titan, I hope i didnt chose wrong.

·
V8 dreams
3,573 Posts
I'm tryin to help my brother get into a used jeep and it's hard as shit! When we see a nice one I can't help but think 'but I only paid like 1-2k more for mine and it was new!'

Vandy

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
With the new changes in 2012 and no noticeable increase in cost over the 2011's there isn't much of a reason to buy slightly used. However as time progresses I think we will see a shift downward in resale value of the 07-11 models versus used 2012+ models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.