JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a lot of fun the first time we took our dirty jeeps out to Temecula to do some wine tasting, so Puddlz and I thought we'd take the wives out there for Valentine's Day.

There are a few hotels around, but I'm booked in at the Embassy Suites on Rancho California Road (same street all the wineries are on). For now, let's plan on meeting in the Embassy Suites parking lot at 1030 hours.

We'd like to get a feeler for how many couples might be showing up so we can explore the possibility of a limo or party bus to cart us around for the day...so post up and let's get a head count.

Tasting usually ends around 4 or 5pm at the wineries. The restaurant at Callaway Winery stays open until 5 (but they're usually pretty mellow about staying open) and has really good food, so I figure we can end up back there for an early dinner. Then, we can take our bottles back to the hotel and do some more "tasting" and find some late night grub.

If we only get a few folks or decide the limo thing just isn't for us, I'm more than happy to line the winery parking lots with dirty jeeps!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Here is what I found,
http://affordalimousine.com/vehicles.htm

Got a 26 passenger PARTY BUS lined up for the event, we need 10 couple's to make this happen, its going to be a fun time, meeting up in Temecula, we got the bus blocked out from 11-4, @ the head count of 10 couple's included, the cost will be $75.00-$90.00 per couple, keep in mind if we hit max capacity (13 couple's) the rate would be split amongst everyone, let me know if interested, the sooner the better.
:blender::beer:

After the day trip we also have a couple rooms that we are going to continue the event to those who would like to stay and hang out.

P.S. we know how to party, no one left behind.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Any who plan on a room mention the JK OWNERS group upon booking for a group rate's and early check-in, if you plan on staying.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Try "Public House" for Dinner.

My wife and I went last night and they have amazing food, Beer (no Coors, bud, or miller), and a great wine list (they support local breweries (Stone, Black Market, etc...) and wineries). Good live music and out door patio.

I don't have any connection to the establishment (they don't even have my favorite beer) but had a great time.

I live in Temecula, if you need any help or suggestions feel free to let me know
.:beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the party bus idea way better than a limo (with my knee and Greg's feet!). If we can get enough people, let's make that happen!

If not, like I said...let's clog the fancy schmancy parking lots with dirty jeeps.

We'll figure out dinner plans as the day approaches.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
UPDATE: The Embassy Suites is now sold out (online).

If you call the hotel itself and speak to Jason the manager, let him know that you are part of the JK Owners group and they will do their best to get you in (sold out, in hotel terms, means they are at their publicly sold limit, but have a stash of space still available).

If you are a Hilton Honors member like me, you can call the Honors desk and get hooked up.

However, there are other hotels around the area, such as the Hampton Inn and Suites, which is starting at $189 per night.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
$189 per night

UPDATE: The Embassy Suites is now sold out (online).

If you call the hotel itself and speak to Jason the manager, let him know that you are part of the JK Owners group and they will do their best to get you in (sold out, in hotel terms, means they are at their publicly sold limit, but have a stash of space still available).

If you are a Hilton Honors member like me, you can call the Honors desk and get hooked up.

However, there are other hotels around the area, such as the Hampton Inn and Suites, which is starting at $189 per night.
OUCH! and how much is the other?:shaking:

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
$199

Base rate for ES is $199.

There are plenty of lower level hotels in the area, too....or you can go upscale at some of the wineries.
Wow. You do understand that this would come out of my Jeep Upgrade Budget! What can I get for under $5.00. How about tent camping and a bottle of beer? Maybe set up the tent near some flowers....... :D

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow. You do understand that this would come out of my Jeep Upgrade Budget! What can I get for under $5.00. How about tent camping and a bottle of beer? Maybe set up the tent near some flowers....... :D
There is always the Los Pinos County "Outdoor Hotel For Young Men" off the Ortega. :shaking:

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Outdoor Hotel For Young Men"

There is always the Los Pinos County "Outdoor Hotel For Young Men" off the Ortega. :shaking:
Somehow I'm sure that would end up being over my $5.00 budget! :shaking:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
SPOTS NEED TO BE CONFIRMED BY SATURDAY NIGHT

Anyone who is planning on being a part of this needs to confirm their spot no later than Saturday night, for we are filling all other opening's in the party bus.

1) Chris Hansen
2)Puddlz
3)Dayton
4)Riverkid
5)Tycoon

1 - 20 of 69 Posts