JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the itch bad and need to get out and have some fun! Does anyone know of some good snow wheeling spots more in the North of the Front Range?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! If anyone knows any other places I would certainly appreciate it!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Not exactly close to where you requested but I always have a great time snow bashing in Buena Vista....

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Check out Spring Creek out of Idaho Springs. Not sure if it's open all year round but even in the summer there is snow up there.

If you want to take a short drive to Colorado Springs, Eagle Rock and every trail off of Goldcamp Road will always give you a challenge in the winter, especially above 10k feet. You may not make it to the top, but you can always make it back down. Lots of fun areas to play in the snow here.:)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Check out Spring Creek out of Idaho Springs. Not sure if it's open all year round but even in the summer there is snow up there.
Ha, I wish you luck, with this much snow, you'd be winching up most obsticals. And the rock garden would be hell( hard enough and slippery enough with just rain) and the first obstical would be a wincher. I swear that hill gets steeper and steeper, every time I go there.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Ha, I wish you luck, with this much snow, you'd be winching up most obsticals. And the rock garden would be hell( hard enough and slippery enough with just rain) and the first obstical would be a wincher. I swear that hill gets steeper and steeper, every time I go there.
Well then, since you're from the area the OP is asking about... why don't you recommend some of good snow wheeling areas with less "obsticals" (California Obstacles?).:thefinger:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kelly Flats generally doesn't open till June and it seems to close early for some reason. 7 mile, I think that's the trail name, is usually open. It's north of Rustic and cuts back into Manhattan road farther north towards Red Feathers. Check with the USFS to be sure. What about Left Hand canyon? Isn't that open all year?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.