JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to look into a snorkel,What is the groups thoughts on a brand and how about posting some pics.Maybe where you got it or the best place with the best prices.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Talk to WSOffroad on here for advice and pricing, they're semi-local (Zephyrhills). Personally I like the River Raider but not sure if it's worth the price over the AEV.

I'm still on the fence about a snorkel, I think it would make me more inclined to try stuff that I know I shouldn't try. :)

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I like the RROR snorkel better.... but ended up with the AEV because I want to get the AEV hood and have plans for a dual battery setup right where the RROR runs through the body of the Jeep.

That being said - I was impressed with the ease of install for the AEV, everything fits nice and tight and the directions were simple to follow.

Don't forget to raise your breathers and seal the air box while you are at it. Also add some hose clamps to the air intake hose (the small one) that comes off the box as well.

·
Vendor
2,958 Posts
We've installed RR and AEV - fans of both. Give me a call tomorrow at 866-900-8841 and we can talk about your needs. Depends on your type of wheeling, goals, and current/future set ups. Mr.RonGilbert is exactly right, planning ahead is important.

Cheers,
Bond

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
BTW - Karn did an outstanding write up on how to install the RROR setup on a Hemi Jeep - a must watch IMO (some "nuggets" of info in there)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW - Karn did an outstanding write up on how to install the RROR setup on a Hemi Jeep - a must watch IMO (some "nuggets" of info in there)
I saw that the other day,I think he should take that show on the road !:laughing::thefinger:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the RROR snorkel better.... but ended up with the AEV because I want to get the AEV hood and have plans for a dual battery setup right where the RROR runs through the body of the Jeep.

That being said - I was impressed with the ease of install for the AEV, everything fits nice and tight and the directions were simple to follow.

Don't forget to raise your breathers and seal the air box while you are at it. Also add some hose clamps to the air intake hose (the small one) that comes off the box as well.
Would anyone have pics and maybe how to on this ^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That would be cool when you get the time sir :beer:

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
im still waiting for bodyguy to produce his snork for the masses. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts