JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting really to spring for a new winch (looks like an Engo 10k with synthetic rope) and was wondering about getting a snatch block also. I bought a M3000 Recovery Kit from MasterPull and thought I'd get the snatch block from them but they no longer carry any. Does it matter who makes them? Are certain ones better for synthetic rope? Anything else I should be looking at? Thanks

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I'm getting really to spring for a new winch (looks like an Engo 10k with synthetic rope) and was wondering about getting a snatch block also. I bought a M3000 Recovery Kit from MasterPull and thought I'd get the snatch block from them but they no longer carry any. Does it matter who makes them? Are certain ones better for synthetic rope? Anything else I should be looking at? Thanks
First off good choice on the winch I got the same one and have made some hard pulls with it and its held up, alittle slow but its ok with me for the price. I would say you should be good to go with any snatch block that hasnt been previously chewed up by a standard cable.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
ARB makes a really nice one. I have a budget Smittybuilt and it looks like it'll do ok.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Smittybilt works just fine, I carry a spare just in case someone with cable needs one. At $24.99 get a couple of them.

sent to you from a paper cup & some long ass string

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Just make sure the pulley diameter matches the diameter of the rope.
I run a 3/8th line instead of a 5/15th line and need a 19,000lb warn block to match.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I carry a ARB with the composite spool and will be using it with the amsteel blue I just ordered

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
917 Posts
i have a Warn snatch block and it works fine with my synthetic line.
I would file all the edges smooth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts