JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my customers is trying to salvage these tool boxes, The red snap-on's, one bottom box and a top and bottom. The were in a fire but on the other side of the building. Damage is mostly some paint charring, they did sit in water also. I have not seen them in person but the caster wheels are slighty damaged, still roll though, but can be replaced. Some of the rubber stripping is gone.

I am getting the blue Matco box in the back for $300, which is probably what they will take for the snap-on's as well.

They are in Columbia, SC. Let me know if anybody is interested, let me know. Otherwise, they will be given to one of the resoration company employees for free.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Huge picture, Snap on is proud of tool box parts. But teh good thing s they seel just about every part youll need to restore the boxes. Id strip them down and get them re powdercoated. I bet by the time your all done youll have a sweet ass box for about 1500

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully the pic is fixed for everyone. They do love their tool boxes. The bottom box is probably worth 8k brand new and the top and bottom about 14-15k. When I get my yellow star, i will be able to sell the parts to anybody as well. Personally, the blue Matco I am getting, I am just going to scrape the bad paint spots and throw some spray paint on it. Maybe replace the castors later down the road.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Shippable? Interested.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Shipping? I got a PM on this also. Just so everyone knows. I am just facilitating the process here. I have really nothing to do with it other than showing you guys a great deal. I tell you who to pay(insurance company) and where to pick them up. I think the place does have a loading dock and they do have a fork lift. If you can find a shipper who is willing to load them up, then take them. Have at it. I am not making a dime here and they are in SC and I am in atlanta. Although I am going to pick up mine and the side box for a friend. I am not going to pallet them for anyone. I will call the adjuster to see if the restoration company would be willing to do this for a fee or something.

Not trying to sound rude, but I can't do any of this, as I am a 5 hour drive away. I was just trying to show some people a great deal.

Also, I am not sure these would pallet up, I think they are 50"+. Let me know, if you have shiped stuff this size before.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, there is a third Snap-On Blue Pointe 30" top and bottom as well. I only have it in a PDF with a few other pictures prior to cleaning. If you would like to see just PM. They just kind of give you an idea, a couple of close ups of some charing. not really good to see the whole boxes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The top and bottom box in the background are spoken for. All thats left is the bottom box in the front and the Snap-On Blue Pointe Top and Bottom 30" set if anybody wants them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks shawn. I must say you have the hook up on freight. All that's left are the blue pointe boxes. I might grab those when I pick mine up. I can get some better pics for people. I would say 100 for it but will update when I actually see it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts